Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Bachelorette in Mexico!! What currency to bring?

Natasha, on May 21, 2019 at 12:29 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
I am leaving in a few days for my bachelorette in Mexico and I am so excited? Anyone who has travelled there recently? What currency did you bring and what are you currency recommendations? We are staying in cancun for 5 nights.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 30, 2019 at 08:51
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing!! thats how it should be... I loveeeeeeee all your bathing suits!!

• Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was awesome! Just got back today. Mexico will never be the same lol

Bachelorette in Mexico!!  What currency to bring? 1

Bachelorette in Mexico!!  What currency to bring? 2
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How was your trip????

• Tamara
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

USD are always super helpful and easier to get from the bank. When you are asking for prices many times they will have it listed in both USD and Pesos.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always USD! have an amazing trip, i’m doing my
    bachelorette in mexico in February!!
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were there in March. They accept both US and pesos. Personally I recommend using the Mexican peso as you get a better value, more bang for your buck when you exchange our Canadian $ for Mexican pesos.
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Convert your CDN to MX peso. Otherwise you are giving away your money in MX. If you bring USD to MX, they will give you an exchange of $1USD = $10 MX pesos. When in fact $1USD is actually closer to $19 pesos.

Do not waste your hard earned money!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so exciting. My parents went to Mexico a couple years ago and I only remember them bringing USD. We are also going for our honeymoon and everything I have read says USD is best.

If you are doing an all inclusive I don't think you would need too much, just basically for tipping or if you want to buy things. If you guys are going off the resort have a little bit more just in case Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We brought USD, but only used that on the resort. Off resort we used pesos (converted at the hotel)
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m really weary of that - I’ve had friends ripped off even at hotels where they pay way too much in Canadian for little pesos.

I did a last minute trip one time and I just went in to different bank branches near my house and got pesos from different banks. So if you need them quick, that’s what I would do.

if worst comes to worst, id get pesos at the Canadian airport. They are more expensive than banks but I think it’s better than Mexico.

f you’re staying at an all inclusive resort you probably won’t need that much cash either.
  • Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks kelsie. I waited to last minute to order peso from Canada. What are your thoughts on bring Canadian cash and converting to peso?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always bring Pesos.

its cheaper than USD and easier to convert back to Canadian.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would bring USD, it seems that most places you travel to this is the recommended currency. Enjoy the vacay!! I did a destination bachelorette as well and it was an amazing time!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope. We just paid for everything in USD (since most things were priced in that). I'm assuming you and your girlfriends are planning on leaving the resort to party? You could change some of your money to pesos but I'd do it sparingly since you probably won't get the same amount back if you need to change it back.

• Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Bianca. I wanted to just bring Canadian and change to peso. Would that be fine? Did you change your usd to peso?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we went to Cancun we just brought USD and were 100% fine. If I were you, I'd bring about $300 just in case.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics