Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Bachelorette Ideas

Malyssa, on March 17, 2022 at 13:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24

Hi folks,

Something that has been on my mind lately (as I have not much else to plan lol) is my bachelorette. Original I just said, lets go up to the mountains (we live in south AB) so would be easy enough, but lately (especially with borders opening up, travel more "acceptable") I've been dabbling with the idea of going away somewhere, especially since I only have my MOH in my party, and not really alot of friends I WANT to celebrate with, besides her. So I thought travelling somewhere could be fun, since I wouldn't be asking a ton of people to add that cost.

ANYWHO! My question for you all is, what are your plans for your bachelorette? Or what did you do! Since this community is so spread throughout the country, I'd love to hear everyone's ideas.

24 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on March 20, 2022 at 12:27
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be a great way to relax from all of the planning you’ve been doing!
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your gif. not sure yet if i will be having one. i should figure it out soon though lol as my wedding day is coming up quickly. I like getting my girls and going away to a spa

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's also our second marriage and this is what am thinking as well. I may do a spa getaway

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not into having a huge party! But I've talked about my MOH and a couple of my good friends going to a spa and having a relaxing girls night or weekend!
    Or my FH and I do a joined one!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As it is a second marriage for both of us we are not planning any batchelor/bachlorette parties

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*adds Penticton to the list* holy smokes is it beautiful there! I know its fairly similar to Kelowna, but I have not been there so that may be another contender.

Vegas is soooo much fun - we have been there a few times together or that totally would have been an option too.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooo those are fun ideas too! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans but its always a little more pricey just to get there living out west but it looks BEAUTIFUL there!

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original plan was to go to Penticton for a weekend, but realized that we go there all the time and really want to go somewhere to party. So Las Vegas here we come! We're going for 4 nights in the beginning of May and I can't wait. My girls have planned the whole thing and I have no idea what to expect Smiley love

My sister wasn't comfortable going to Vegas with us, so I'll be doing something separate with her as well for a weekend - probably more relaxing on the Sunshine Coast.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of Nashville, New Orleans or may do something local-ish...I am basically leaving it up to my girls Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided to do my bachelorette in the town I live in. We're gunna rent a limo and go to some of my favorite pubs for some drinks and rent a hotel night for a slumber party style night. Then the next day my bridesmaids and I will do bunch and pedicures
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if I end up doing anything I'll look at a wine tour (living in niagara what else 😊) Though I'm not 100% sure even that will happen.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm beyond excited!!! We're definitely making a day out of it for sure!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Summers out there don't even compare to the winters!!!! It's my second home and It's absolutely beautiful in the summer time and the weather is amazing!!!!

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that'll be fun still!! Make a whole day of it.

We had thought about trying to find a concert to go to (big music lovers) but its something we do often together (literally have a show at the end of April were going to) so we wanted to do something different. still not out of picture since concerts are always a blast lol

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're talking my language! I had thought about going to our family cabin near Edmonton, but also kinda wanted things to do and not that there is anything wrong with Edmonton, not exactly giving the vibes I want haha

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wine and pools sound amazing to me!! I might have to start looking into Kelowna now! Smiley xd

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been playing with the Kelowna idea too - I went once but like in November, so while it was still really nice, I'd love to enjoy the beautiful summers they have.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You will love Kelowna!!! I can't wait to be there for the whole month of August. I haven't been home in 3 years!!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Golf*** auto correct sorry lol
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Didn’t mean to write gold twice lol
    Also we are driving there , it will be a fun road trip!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in BC but I’m from Alberta! My wedding party all lives in Alberta, anyway we booked a house with a pool in Kelowna for a week which will be the week of Canada day!
    We’re going to do some winery hopping, club, golf, pool days and golf!
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm from Alberta as well and we're planning on going to Kelowna at the end of July before the wedding in August! We're going for three days but flights are only around $100! I can't wait Smiley smile

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning a joint bachelor/bachelorette party. We found someone who rents out their land very close to Sylvan Lake (walking distance) and will be camping for two nights there. I just wanna be drunk and on a lake Smiley tongue

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my wedding was going to be before covid, we had planned to go to Vegas and go to Thunder From Down Under. Sooo bummed we never go to do this!!

For my bachelorette party this year I was also thinking of going away for the weekend to Banff but we decided against it and we're actually going to Avril Lavigne concert in May!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics