Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayley
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Bachelorette

Kayley, on November 6, 2019 at 15:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Am I supposed to give direction/guidance in terms of I would like for a bachelorette? I thought this was something that the bridal team planned but my maid of honour keeps asking me what I want.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 14, 2019 at 16:50
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im planning my own!!! so you totally can if you want too! i think she probably doesnt want to overstep and wants to know what your comfortable doing. they dont want to plan a club night if you hate clubs you know

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s totally up to them but yes they can ask for some guidance, especially if they’re not the decisive type. My MOH was/is kinda lost about planning mine. I have a bunch of ideas for her and my bridesmaid to choose from. Luckily my bridesmaid is a bit more “take charge”
  • Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're the ones in charge of planning it. I literally told my bridal party I wanted 3 things during my bachelorette:

1. Booze
    2. Dancing3. Brunch
    From there they gave me a night I will never ever forget. They're probably asking just to make sure they're on the right track.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She probably just checking in case you already had something in mind. Guidance is always appreciated when you're a bridesmaid trying to plan what you think the bride might like.

But if you're the kind of person that would prefer to be completely surprised, let her know.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they more want to make sure you'll like what they plan vs. you planning it. I'd give them some ideas (i.e. dinner and drinks, spa day, paint nite, etc) so they can get a feel of what you'd like vs. just guessing.

However, if you do want your bridal party to take more control of the planning, I'd sit down with them and explain it.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister gave me some ideas, and she knows me well enough she was spot on for what I wanted.
    Everyone checked with me before going forward with plans. It’s a good thing they are asking you. Just incase they are planning something you hate lol
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s a good idea they’re asking, so you get something you want. We have input on what we both like and are leaving it up to them. That way it’s a surprise but they know what parameters we want it in
  • Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I gave a guest list and said that I’d prefer a weekend getaway instead of a one night party. I also gave some location ideas but I told her I didn’t necessarily expect them to be those spots. That was about all the guidance I gave as I want to be surprised! My MoH has known me for almost 20 years so I think she has a pretty good idea as to what I would want anyways haha.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned most of mine 🤷🏼‍♀️ i was happy to do it, and this way i get exactly what i want
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've given my girlfriends a bit of guidance (like please no penis shaped everything!) And mentioned a few things I like (lingerie party/panty guessing games) and they know me well. We're months away so nothing is set in stone but we've bounced around the idea about a wine tasting night!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think there’s any hard and fast rules regarding the bachelorette. You can be forward with your girls and tell them exactly what you want (whether that be a surprise or something more specific). It’s your special party, so you can go about it however you’d like.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are to plan it - but some suggestions of what you are wanting are much appreciated! They just don't want you to hate what they plan so maybe tell them what your MUST HAVE's are. Like for me I told them a few activities I would like but don't need to do them all, and that my MUST HAVE is a tiara with a veil and going to a bar that we can dance at. I really wanted to be able to show off my veil and sash to a bunch of random strangers while I guess Smiley tongue

Also let them know anything you would HATE - maybe you really DON'T want to go to the bar/club!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends have asked me for a direction to go in, like do I want a wild Vegas style trip, a quiet weekend to go winery hopping, or a ski resort type thing, etc. Apart from that they're taking it from there. They just wanted my input so I didn't get something that I wouldn't enjoy fully. I'm pretty easy going so I probably would have enjoyed myself regardless, but I also appreciated being asked what I had in mind.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics