Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Bachelorette

Ludvis, on April 15, 2018 at 12:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
We’re going to a cottage for the bachelorette...
my question.. are the bride or myself responsible for getting them a gift.... I don’t think there should be gifts to them...but could be wrong ?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on April 16, 2018 at 15:22
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've done party favors or little gift bags for bachelorette parties before - but always because I volunteered my time and money for it! It definitely should not be expected!

For favors I've done hangover kits, custom koozies, custom sunglasses, custom t-shirts, and for a spa bachelorette party I did little gift boxes of spa goodies!

Custom bachelorette koozies:Bachelorette 1Hangover kits:Bachelorette 2Bachelorette favors - sunglasses and flower crowns:Bachelorette 3New Orleans Bachelorette favors:Bachelorette 4

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It would be great to get help but a lot of modern bridesmaids have it in their heads that their only job is to "wear a dress". You might not get the help you want even if you ask for it. You're being a great MOH for taking care of things for the bride. She's lucky to have you.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay well then that’s ridiculous and unheard of as far as I’m concerned!! Especially if you aren’t paying to stay at the cottage. Bachelorette is supposed to be fun.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are not renting. We have access to it. There’s no gift for them. But the hrudesmaid saudvsges herself was expecting us (myself or grudge) to give out gifts. Meanwhile has not helped with any cost for shower or bachelorette.... it’s sad the bride is Trying to pay when she isn’t supposed to
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you going to someone’s cottage or renting one? If going to someone’s maybe she meant a hostess gift?

we are going to my parents cottage for my bachelorette and we are all contributing to what is being brought for meals but that’s it. Definitely no gifts.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridesmaid. We thought we wouldn’t invite anyone not in party and also she complained about having to pitch in. I’m her MOH and I’ve paid for shower with only help from fam not girls. I feel I should not be spending all of this again for bachelorette am I wrong? Should I not be getting help....
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is this girl a bridesmaid or just attending? Either way, it's rude of her to expect anything.

• Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I only ask because the one girl commented that we should be doing something and expects it of us....
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you the MOH or the bride? Either way, party favours are not necessary at a bachelorette party.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like party favours? I don’t think it’s necessary, I’ve never been given a gift for going to a bachelorette. We’ve made shirts, tutus and stuff like that but no party favour
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No gifts needed to give for the bachelorette.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been to about 3 and never received a gift and would never expect it either! Don’t worry a bout one
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not heard about their being gifts or favours for a bachelorette party.

I know some people will do matching outfits/shirts but that's not a must do.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In that case, no I don't think it's a must!
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For the bachelorette
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the bachelorette or do you mean for having them in your bridal party?
    In my opinion, it's common courtesy to give them something for being in your bridal party, it doesn't have to be anything big, even just paying for their hair or paying for part of their attire.
    My thoughts are they are spending all this money (yes it's kind of a given that's what they signed up for) but they should feel appreciated.
    Its totally your call though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics