Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Bachelor/ette party plans

Joey, on May 7, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Share your bach party plans with us. Are you going abroad or staying local? Will you have a coed bach, or are you keeping the guest list separate? Are you helping to plan your own party, or is it a surprise? How close to your wedding date will the bach party be?

Spil the party deets!

Bachelor/ette party plans 1

Photo by Hammered Ink in Grimsby

17 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on May 13, 2019 at 01:31
  • Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my fiancé, his best man and groomsmen took him on a ski trip in the winter! They stayed in an Air Bnb Cabin and had a blast on the slopes! For my Bachelorette, my girls took me into a bigger city for burlesque dancing, a fancy dinner, and a night on the town! We had such a fun time! Would highly recommend both ideas!

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for both my bachelorette party and my FH's bachelor party, the plan is to do an all-inclusive for each! It should be fun and we're both very excited about it.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did an all inclusive week in Dominican for my bachelorette. My FH has his bachelor party this Saturday and they will be local. They are going to a Blue Jays game, paintballing and a few other activities throughout the day.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance wants to do a guys camping trip for his bachelor party. I'm not sure about the bachelorette party. One of my bridesmaids suggested the spa. So maybe that and maybe go out that night and play pool or something.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely went back and forth about my bachelorette. First not wanting one, then being pressured and convinced I needed a destination one, finally realizing that it's not my style or in my budget...

I have a girlfriend who keeps asking me about it. I told her to drop it, but she's not getting the message. So I told our small group of girls that I wanted to go camping. We'll see what happens, but I won't be crushed if we all forget about it.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having separate parties. My FH just had his - a week away at an all-inclusive in Cuba, with 10 of his closest friends. It wasn't a surprise, of course, and I actually arranged most of it because his best man and his best friend are both workaholics.... but his best friend did surprise them all with customized tshirts for the trip (so freaking cute).

For mine, I didn't want to go away and I'm not really into spas or heavy drinking, so I've asked my MOH to plan a night out at a Spanish dance club with a few friends. We'll be doing it the weekend before the wedding, so that all of the out-of-town guests can join us.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a separate bachelor/bachelorette. I will be going to Blue Mountain and the Scandinavian Spa with my bridal party, sister-in-law and both of our Moms. My MOH is planning everything! We will be going in March 2020, approximately a month before the big day!
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had ours out of town in California and went on the trip 3 weeks before the wedding. I didn't plan anything other than throwing in some ideas of food places i'd like to go to. We didn't do the clubbing thing as I wasn't into that party scene so mostly just hanging out in the sun, grabbing drinks on rooftop bars.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're staying local and keeping it low key, as we can't really get together (all of us) until before the wedding: My bachelorette will be 2 days before the wedding lol. I'll probably help plan it out since it's hard to surprise me with the distance.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing planned yet! I just want to go out and maybe do some yoga, maybe go to Thermea spa, then supper and drinks followed by a bar crawl maybe?

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to Denver, CO!! My group are more 420 friendly than drinkers and we wanted to travel a little bit. My MOH has made it clear I'm not allowed to plan it but has allowed SOME suggestions 😂 I've asked for a DIY activity, a spa day and one night of dancing- other than that, she can run wild (though I'd prefer to skip the strip clubs!). I also asked we get a big enough Airbnb so each girl can get their own bed and at least 2 bathrooms (we're a party of 7). We're hoping to have it next summer, before the second week of August 2020.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My step mom is wanting to do a wine tour with a limo and then either lunch or dinner during the day. Right now we are looking at the week before the wedding because my sister will be arriving around that time.

I am unsure if my bridesmaids are planning something else as they live here, and may have a different idea.

All I know is that I am not planning this one!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We talked about doing a joint one simply bc we never get a night out to go to dinner or the bars and for us that just works better. It really doesn't matter to me if we even have one or not.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’m set on Niagara on the Lake! My bachelorette will basically be my sister and then family of my FH I’m close to (sister and his cousins).

Im thinking of doing a wine tour and getting a cool Airbnb with a pool, if it exists!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The one thing I really wanted to do was have a weekend away at Blue Mountain!

So I booked that myself haha! But my girls are planning everything else! It's next weekend and I am STOKED!!!!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having two bachorlettes as some felt that they couldn't do what I had asked for. The one with my actual friends and half the wedding party is at Niagara falls- one night got an air bnb cheap, all car pooling and going to site see/do free things mainly and the skywheel. Going to have drinks at the house and then dinner and bar that night. Next day we will be doing whatever we want before leaving. I helped plan this one- had to make the group then leave it and make someone else host as I had new everyone's names, I paid for air bnb and people paid me back.

Second one- it will be after my bridal shower and they plan to do drinks in a garage and bbq. They haven't asked for a guest list or who I want to be there from people who couldn't come to the other one.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As the wedding is so far away, it's definitely in the planning stages. I am kind of helping with the planning mainly because that's who I am and I have had an idea of what I wanted for years. As I have some underaged bridesmaids I would like to go to the spa, allow some relaxation before the wedding, and get my nails done fresh so they look good for the wedding. Then I would like to go out and have a little bit of the stereotypical bachelorette with drinking and games. I am thinking of doing it the weekend before as my wedding is on a Thursday.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics