Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

B.c bachelorette ideas???

Nadine, on March 12, 2019 at 13:50 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hey everyone!
We are looking to rent a house/cabin or a space where we can have to ourselves and not have to worry about being too loud and such! We live by Calgary and we were thinking of b.c but would like to keep it within a 5 hour drive from there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Chantelle, on May 22, 2019 at 01:00
  • Chantelle
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Chantelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am from the Vancouver area and I would say 9/10 bachelorette parties I have been to are in Kelowna. It is very nice up there but keep in mind you may not even be able to book a room or and airbnb for summer now as they book up over a year in advance in most cases. Also keep in mind when you go, BC gets forest fires yearly in August. I am a MOH and planning my friend bachelorette now for that area and am purposely not booking it later than mid July due to the smoke that is up there in August. If you go, stick to June or early July to avoid the forest fire smoke or even not being allowed in the area. Last year the area was evacuated completely.

Golden is super nice, I was just there last month. Kicking Horse Resort is absolutely beautiful and relaxing.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kelowna is lovely. Sparkling Hill Resort has a nice pool with amazing views. And so close to all the other wineries you can go wine tastings with the girls and then have a fun day at the lake doing some water sports or lounging.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nadine! This sounds like a great idea for a bachelorette party! Have you considered looking or Airbnb for a location in BC that will be secluded and that you will have to yourselves? You might come across a hidden gem that fits you perfectly!Smiley laugh

I came across an article with ideas for Vancouver bachelorette parties that might give you some inspiration for activities and locations!

10 Vancouver Bachelorette Party Ideas for Every Type of Bride

I hope this will help!!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Golden is absolutely amazing. They have tons of places to stay and it's only about 3 hours from Calgary.

Kicking Horse Resort is probably one of the most popular places to stay in Golden.

I hope this helps!

• N
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d love to go to Kelowna but unfortunately it’s a little bit too far for what we’re going for Smiley sad
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kelowna, BC. Would this be too far? I heard its very beautiful and great views.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics