Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Beginner June 2023 Ontario

Australia has Everything...

Hailey, on January 2, 2019 at 11:25 Posted in Ontario 0 3

So for my second gown for my reception, I want a more a fitted, backless sexier dress. Of course I fell in love with Grace Loves Lace dresses. Although I have found some beautiful ones cheaper through Still White, I wanted the opportunity to try on this designer in person. Does anyone know where I can try on Grace Loves Lace dresses in Toronto or the GTA?! OR if you have another designer/dress line that also works with my vision that would be helpful!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on January 17, 2019 at 11:11
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Hailey, how is your second dress search progressing? Have you browsed any of the dress designers on WeddingWire to inspire you? Grace Loves Lace is very sexy with slinky lines, you might like Pronovias, Pnina Tornai, Demetrios, Berta Bridal, or some of the dresses in these articles:

The 2019 Wedding Dress Trends That You Need to Know About Essential Canadian Wedding Dress Designers

40 Sheer Wedding Dresses for Every Style of Bride

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they have a Toronto retailer.

I would write them an email or message on IG to confirm.

You may also want to try LoversLand on Ossington, or Sash and Bustle on Queen East.

Tip: Don’t just rely on the styles you see on their websites - book an appointment and when you get there show them the the GLL styles that you like. The store staff will know which of their dresses match what you’re looking for. This is what happened with me and Sash and Bustle. I went in with a Pinterest board of styles/designers that I loved. In reality I ended up not liking the samples of the designers I’d had my eyes on, and fell in love with dresses from a designer that they guided me towards based on the dress features that I asked for. So glad that I didn’t rely on the online photos alone, and that the staff knew their inventory enough to pick up on the aspects of a dress that I liked the most. I was pleasantly surprised!

Alternatively, if you’re stuck on a particular GLL style, get a version of it made by a local tailor. There are tailors listed in the Wedding Wire Vendor section.

Good luck with your dress shopping!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just on their website and it looks like they had an exclusive show room come to Toronto... back in March 2017.... so maybe they will do that again!

I'm not 100% sure those styles of dresses but I would strongly recommend going to some of the smaller bridal salons with ideas of the dresses you like the typically they will have something similar to the look you are going for!

I brought print offs of a bunch of styles I liked (multiple brands) and brought them to all my fittings and found a dress I LOVED! And wasn't even one of the dresses I printed off! My consultant was amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics