Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rino
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

August marriage planning

Rino, on May 31, 2021 at 22:48 Posted in British Columbia 0 4
Hello everyone just wondering my wedding is on August just wondering if I should continue the reception or postpone
Cuz as they are saying that the restrictions are lifting
Your thoughts and good news please and thank you

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rino, on June 1, 2021 at 01:38
  • Rino
    Rino ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I will talk to the restaurant and see I know alot of deejays are booked for August so I think it should be fine nothing big
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nobody knows what will happen for sure. As I’m sure you know BC has a plan in place to lift a lot of restrictions July 1 provided certain criteria are met. But that’s not a guaranteed date and it’s not totally clear what the new guidelines will allow. Hopefully they’ll provide further guidance in the coming weeks.
    If you’re planning on a smaller wedding reception or an outdoor reception and you’re okay with some restrictions then I think you’ll most likely be safe. But like I said nothing is for sure.
    If you’re planning for a larger wedding and you want a completely restriction free reception you should give yourself a date to decide whether you want to postpone or make changes to your plan.
  • Rino
    Rino ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I will call the restaurant and see cuz everything will be lift up on August
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I postponed our entire August 7 2021 wedding and we switched to next summer August 2022 just for the fact that we don't know what the next few months are going to look like still. We might still have to stay 6 meters apart, wear masks still, stay within our bubble, no dancing at receptions. We just don't know what the government will do. They keep on saying "oh just wait a little bit longer". We both want our wedding to be what we've envisioned for the past 3 and a half years and postponing for a second time was the best for us. I think that next summer will look a lot better then the past two summers for sure. But of course, every couple is different. If you want to still get married but postpone the reception until a later date go for it. It's your day! If you still want to have a reception regardless of what restrictions are, do it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics