Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2020 Alberta

August 2020 brides - Covid-19

Tia, on April 1, 2020 at 19:29 Posted in WeddingWire 0 6
Hey guys, my wedding day is August 8, 2020. Today I got a call from our ceremony site saying they are cancelling all public events, with no intent to reschedule is what I got from chatting with the lady. I am completely heartbroken as I’ve envisioned my ceremony at this location since we stated planning our wedding almost 2 years ago. It is possible for us to get married at our reception venue but it is really sad not to have an outdoor ceremony like we have planned. Is anyone else starting to lose hope? I haven’t gotten a call to cancel/postpone from any other of our vendors so I have a bit of faith, but I can’t help think the worst. Part of me wants to throw in the towel and just somewhat “elope”, but another part knows how much time and money as already gone into this. There is the option to postpone until next year but that would mean 3 years of being engaged, and we have already been together for 8.5yrs. Needless to say I am over waiting to get married! This is such a hard time and I truly feel for all of the other brides affected by this. What are your thoughts?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tia, on April 2, 2020 at 20:48
  • T
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really good news that nobody has cancelled on you! I believe that as well and am trying to keep it off of my mind! Thank you for the positivity! ❤️
  • T
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reassurance! ❤️ Here hoping things clear up by then.
  • T
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope your venue reopens! I haven’t heard anything from any of my other vendors except our bakers who said they are still open and ready to do our wedding! It truly is heart breaking. I agree with trying to find another Saturday especially since I’m thinking most of summer 2021 will be booked already 😩 here’s hoping thing will be back to normal soon and we can proceed with our original plans!
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is August 15th. I havent recieved any news about anyone cancelling anything, so that's a good sign. I'm hoping that within the next couple of months, things will start to get under control. Another bride had said on another discussion that everything cant stay closed for a year and luckily our weddings are at the halfway mark. I'm hoping that the restrictions for people are lifted in the coming months and things will go as planned. Staying hopeful and trying not to focus too much on it at the moment.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its hard to absorb the news of getting your wedding ceremony site cancelled so far in advance. The outdoors is great though they have to protect themselves and others from getting sick and getting fined as its a public area. Your hope of the vendors keeping your date still is great and the venue is allowing you to have your ceremony at the same place. Don't lose hope over this situation. You will still have loved ones around you the day of your wedding.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding twins!!!!!!!! omgggg girl i feel you completely. i am in the same boat. my venue was closed down they are reopening or at least thats what it says online within a couple days. what ive gathered from others with aug weddings is business as usual and check again come June 1. i completely fee you i am soooooooooooo upset just even thinking about canceling my day.... we have everything like ive been done wedding planning for months and everything has our date on it. we got a custom made frame, invitations, chocolate bars, custom pens etc. everything with our date. im worried if we have to reschedule or postpone our date that it will be hard finding another Saturday that ALL our wedding vendors are available because i do not want to lose ALL my deposits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics