Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Asking someone to do a reading

Courtney, on February 15, 2018 at 12:19 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

We're wanting to ask my FSIL to do a reading during our ceremony to have her be involved with the wedding. There's been some tension over the fact I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice way to ask her to do a reading instead of just saying "We'd like you to do a reading" so that it makes it more "special"?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on February 17, 2018 at 21:18
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah - I'll definitely ask her to help choose the reading. I was going to ask her today, but I think it MAY be better coming from her brother instead of me.

Their mom is REALLY not happy about it. It's caused a lot of problems actually. It's been seven months and it still comes up about how sad the wedding will be because her three kids won't be standing up at the alter. Zero interest in the wedding now because of it it feels like. But there has been no excitement since we got engaged anyway. Pretty hurtful over all.

I'm trying to keep in mind that we will be family and to try and rise above it that they can't be happy for us.

His sister is also pregnant and due 5 weeks before our wedding.. I actually think it wouldn't make sense for her to be a bridesmaid and be more of a burden for her.

We are going to ask her to do a reading, and I think I'll get corsages (even though I don't prefer them) for her, her mum and their grandmother to make them feel part of it. Hopefully that's enough.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Breanne's idea of making her part of the process in choosing the reading!
    Is she upset herself that she's not a bridesmaid or is that just family talk?
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you already have a reading picked out? If not maybe ask for her input on one to choose, that way she can feel comfortable in what she will be reading and may possibly pick something that's special to her as well.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say invite her over for dinner and say that you guys had been thinking of a special way to involve her in the wedding and that you would like her to do a reading during the ceremony.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe take her out to dinner, orbit you and your FH already live together invite her over? Make a night of it, then ask her to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics