Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2018 Ontario

Asking bridesmaids

Jillian, on January 29, 2018 at 20:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
Hey, I am looking for some cute ideas on how to ask my girls to be bridesmaids. Anyone have some good suggestions? Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kryzia, on February 1, 2018 at 11:02
  • Kryzia
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Kryzia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got shadow boxes from Michael's that were like $10 each, then I filled each shadow box of an old photo of the bridesmaid and I, a sticky note that had how long we've known each other written on it, a handwritten 'bridesmaid?' calligraphy card, and an invitation to the wedding. All of my bridesmaids already knew ahead of time that they would be part of the wedding, but it was a fun moment for us nonetheless.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't want to spend a lot.. I don't really understand the overthe top asking someone to be a bridesmaid/groomsmen to be honest.

For my girls I got little boxes, filled it with some confetti and put a ring pop inside. On the lid it asked them if they would be my bridesmaids. Just simple.

For the guys, each got a little big with a cigar and a matchbook that had 'will you be my groomsmen' on it.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought them all balloons they popped (get it - "pop the question"?) and thought it was really fun!!

Asking bridesmaids 1

:: Etsy

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to this store called Icings. It’s kind of like Claire’s but for older girls. They have a whole bride/bridal party section so I just got this little card that said something along the lines of asking them to be my bridesmaids, and it came with a cute necklace and matching earrings. I also grabbed them a cute lip balm in a package that said ‘bridesmaid, you are the balm!’ I just got cute little items and put them all in matching bags.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding party, but really wanted to include my BFF. So when I went home during the holidays, I put together a couple of her favourite items together and printed a card that read "Will You Be my Witness?" with a heartfelt message in it.

I used the free template from wedding chicks:

https://www.weddingchicks.com/modul/print-1997-free-gold-heart-will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-card-l-51-l-17.html

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids both lived far away so I just sent them a really heartfelt e-mail asking them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what we did...

I even made handmade confetti poppers!
    Asking bridesmaids 2

• J
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a super cute idea!!! I am actually just asking one girl and we are having a surprise wedding so she' literally not going to have to do anything haha maybe I will look into combining both your ideas! Thanks!!!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! All depends on how much you want to spend !
    I was initially planning on doing some boxes with some Cute stuff inside (candle, nail polish, personalized wine glass or mug, etc..) however I have a larger bridal party (8) so that was adding up pretty quickly and was tooo pricey lol.
    So what I decided to do was make some fortune cookies, dipped them in sugar and glitter. Packed some confetti inside with a fortune inside that said “I can’t say I do without you, will you be my bridesmaid”
    I placed them in cute little boxes with their names on them. They loveddddd themSmiley smile
    hope this helps !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics