Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Are you planning to buy a house together?

Cassandra, on December 14, 2016 at 13:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24
Do you guys already live together? Do you have plans to buy a house in the near future?
Me and FH bought our house in August. We are currently renovating it and hoping it will be ready in time to move in after our wedding in September. Planning a wedding while doing home renos is crazy stressful and expensive. Wouldn't suggest it!
We've lived together for a few years but at our parents houses. Can't wait to move in!

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 1

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 2

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 3

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 4

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 5

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 6

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 7

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 8

Are you planning to buy a house together? - 9

24 Comments

Latest activity by Cassandra, on December 16, 2016 at 14:03
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Cheryl:

Cited message

Written by Cassandra:

Written by Cheryl:

We will be within the next ten years! We live an hour away right now but after our wedding in September we will be living together!

An hour away !? Smiley sad omg how do you do it ??

We only see each other on weekends! It sucks but it's better than not seeing him at all I guess!!

Wow! It will be amazing when you two can finally live together!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only see each other on weekends! It sucks but it's better than not seeing him at all I guess!!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Cheryl:

We will be within the next ten years! We live an hour away right now but after our wedding in September we will be living together!

An hour away !? Smiley sad omg how do you do it ??

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Brenda:

We've owned a house in Northern Ontario but because there were very little supports for our 2 SN kids we just sold it this past year. We are definitely looking at buying a cottage 4 season though.

I love cottages !! Smiley smile

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Katherine:

I have owned the house we live in for the last 5 years... We just bought some raw land in NS and will spend the next 15 years developing it.

Wow! Thats awesome Smiley smile !

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have owned the house we live in for the last 5 years... We just bought some raw land in NS and will spend the next 15 years developing it.
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've owned a house in Northern Ontario but because there were very little supports for our 2 SN kids we just sold it this past year. We are definitely looking at buying a cottage 4 season though.
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Sam Smiley smile

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that sounds like a great plan! So happy for you and your family!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Luckily my husband works for Ritz Carlton/JW Marriott so he can transfer to another hotel in whatever city we want! It'll be a little more challenging to find me a job but I don't mind because I hate my current job and would love to do something new anyways! I've been stuck at my current job for 5 years so maybe a new city would help me get out of it!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Melinda:

We've been living together almost 3 years. I owned a house already when I meet my fiance so when we decided to move in together, he moved in with me. We want to buy a new house sometime in the next 2-3 years. When I bought my house I was single and it's a nice little house for us, but we want something with a bit more room. I'll be sad to say goodbye to my little house though!

Aw, that'ss so nice Smiley smile Im sure when the time comes you guys will find your dream home together

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL I hate renting! Other people and shared parking make me insane!

But it's all we've got until we can save- so rent we shall

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been living together almost 3 years. I owned a house already when I meet my fiance so when we decided to move in together, he moved in with me. We want to buy a new house sometime in the next 2-3 years. When I bought my house I was single and it's a nice little house for us, but we want something with a bit more room. I'll be sad to say goodbye to my little house though!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Natasha:

We live together .. we already have a house together .. we bought a house last summer together ... this comming july 2017 we will have been in our house for 2 years together .. it isnt our forever home ... but it was beautiful had everything we needed and was super close to my sons school so he didnt need to switch ... we have made a deal together that we will stay in this house untill my son finished elementary so another 4.5 years and then we will sell and build our forever home in the country on some property !

That's awesome Smiley smile Love that you were able to do that for your son!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Chelsea:

We have been living together for about 5 years now! We rent an apartment for now... We want to save up after the wedding and plan to buy a house but right now its just not in the cards for us!

Good luck to you on your home search after the wedding Smiley smile

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Samtam:

Congrats on the house! That will be so great to come home to after the wedding!

We lived together for years with my family but are currently celebrating one year in our own apartment! We're not interested in buying a house at the moment because we're hoping to move around a bit before we put down more permanent roots. We'll probably stay in the apartment for another year because we didn't have time to look for a new place with all the wedding planning but after that, we'd love to do a year in Portland, a year in Vancouver, a year or two in DC! (I'd love a year in France but that may take some convincing!)

Nice!! How are you able to travel so much!? I wish!

Your job lets you move around or?

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Melissa:

We live together- almost 2 years now I think? maybe over 2 years?

We plan on buying- but will need to save and all that first!

Nice! Renting is okay too, as long as you are able to save for your own piece of property one day!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Valerie:

That fire pit looks amazing!!

I'd love to buy, but it's just not an option for us currently. But we've been living together for over 2 years now

Thanks! We built the fire pit ourselves Smiley smile

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live together .. we already have a house together .. we bought a house last summer together ... this comming july 2017 we will have been in our house for 2 years together .. it isnt our forever home ... but it was beautiful had everything we needed and was super close to my sons school so he didnt need to switch ... we have made a deal together that we will stay in this house untill my son finished elementary so another 4.5 years and then we will sell and build our forever home in the country on some property !

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been living together for about 5 years now! We rent an apartment for now... We want to save up after the wedding and plan to buy a house but right now its just not in the cards for us!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the house! That will be so great to come home to after the wedding!

We lived together for years with my family but are currently celebrating one year in our own apartment! We're not interested in buying a house at the moment because we're hoping to move around a bit before we put down more permanent roots. We'll probably stay in the apartment for another year because we didn't have time to look for a new place with all the wedding planning but after that, we'd love to do a year in Portland, a year in Vancouver, a year or two in DC! (I'd love a year in France but that may take some convincing!)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live together- almost 2 years now I think? maybe over 2 years?

We plan on buying- but will need to save and all that first!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That fire pit looks amazing!!

I'd love to buy, but it's just not an option for us currently. But we've been living together for over 2 years now

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics