Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Are you making a wedding website?

Emilie, on December 9, 2016 at 06:39 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16

Hi wonderful brides and grooms Smiley ring

We've been talking about invitations. But what about your wedding website?

Are you making a "wedsite"? Smiley winking

What will you use it for?

Image: Giphy.com

16 Comments

Latest activity by Brenda, on December 28, 2016 at 18:15
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thx Maria I will have time now after the bustle of the holidays to check others as well. Hope everyone had a great holiday!
  • María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Brenda, it sound that you will have a very complete website Smiley smile

For adding the map to the menu you have to add the new page called 'Adresses', see the image below:

add the new page called 'Adresses':

Let me know if you need any help Smiley winking

• María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine, you can show more than one adress but in diferent maps, you need to add another adress on your wedding website as the images show Smiley winking

Show wedding adresses

Since the two images are below your guests will notice that the places are really colse to each other Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's awful, why is it that guilty parties always love to play the victim?!?

I always love when people try and tell me that I'll regret not doing things... like NOPE! I will not look back and say... oh man, I wish FH jammed his face up my dress infront of all our friends and family and then threw a garter belt to my male family members Smiley sad Or I'll regret not wearing fancy shoes... NOPE! My feet will be thanking me at the end of the night, plus I NEVER regret dressing for comfort! Thanks for the input!!!! HAHA

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh good! Happy to help! Smiley shame

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly! I thought about emailing her (because it was included in the message) but didn't want to give her the validation. Since the wedding, my dad hasn't been speaking to my mom or paying what he's supposed to because he's upset that he didn't get invited to the wedding. I haven't spoken to him since he left 4 years ago (Collin moved in the day my dad moved out) and in the 2.5 years that we were engaged, he never tried to reconcile and didn't ask once about my wedding. Why would he be invited if we're not speaking and what does that have to do with him paying child support for my sisters? So clearly he was just waiting until afterwards so he could play the victim.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG that's ridiculous! I don't understand people that get involved in other people business. Like do you REALLY think your friend/relative gave you the FULL story, including the parts that make them look bad? NOPE! Then stay

out of it!

People judge my relationship with my parents all the time based on tiny details and I'm like... I don't have to justify shit to you so I won't even tell you why I do what I do, just know that you only know a piece of the story and maybe you should hold off on your judgement (not YOU you... the fake you of this situation LOL)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm working away at mine- a bit behind I think, as I want this to be our main RSVP route...but should be good to go in the New Year. I'm looking forward to a few days off work to really work on it.

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing your wedding website!!! You gave me a few ideas for mine Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Slowly coming along ~ started with some blogging and a password to spare myself some drama from unmentionable negativity.I want to add maps menu after its been adjusted. Everyone wil be traveling from out of town. I'd appreciate any help thx!Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I spent A LOT of time desiging our wedding website. I love doing that sort of stuff so I spent hours on it! Especially since it was a destination wedding, I wanted guests to have as much info as possible. We had "Our Story" on it, our engagement pics, wedding event info, option to RSVP, room block info, registry info, introduced our wedding party, a list of local activities, driving tips, weather and FAQs. I think it was helpful for the guests and it was definitely great to be able to direct people to it to answer all their questions. If anyone wants to look through it for ideas, I don't mind sharing! Smiley winking

www.weddingwire.com/samncollin

(Only downside was that we decided to keep the website public and not password protected because we wanted to make it as easy as possible for guests to access. I was a little concerned about my dad finding it but he wasn't invited anyways so it didn't really matter if he had the wedding details because he wasn't allowed in! One of my dad's relatives-who I don't even know- found it and emailed me through the website on my wedding day and said that one day I would regret not inviting my father to the wedding and that it was "shameful." *rolls eyes* Luckily I was too busy getting ready to see it and let it ruin my day! DGAF)

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup! Got one! Hope to track RSVPs , hotel booking etc
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Working on ours... wish that the maps could show more than one address since everything is so close.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one through wedding we're which my FH and I have been working on. We will utilize as an option for those who want to stop.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually just created one this week! We have our ceremony and reception location on there with the addresses, phone numbers to the venues, and the map is on there as well! We have hotel accomodations, FAQ for guests wondering what to wear, cash or open bar etc.... We have the rsvp page, a registry page, and then a page with our menu on it stating what it is and then asking if they have any dietary restrictions or food allergies to let me know ahead of time so I can contact the venue and have that taken care of! The last page is a contact us page with number and e-mail so they can ask any other questions that aren't listed in my FAQ page! So basically any wedding details they will need are on my website!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YUP! Mine is up and running, I love it! I have all the addresses people would need, accomodations information, things to do in the area (for out of town guests spending multiple days in the area), a fun quiz, and RSVP stuff

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics