Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Are you inviting officiant to supper

Katherine, on March 29, 2017 at 19:08 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4
We are having a church wedding followed by a reception and supper at a hall a few blocks away... We are not members of the church, and do not have a relationship with the minister... It is very kind of her to agree to marry us... I was wondering what is the norm in situations like this... We are doing "first look" so the reception literally follows the ceremony.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 9, 2018 at 08:54
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Officiant would have attended if he didn't have another wedding to do. I wasn't prepared with label with his name for the favour set.
  • Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on whether the officiant is someone you know or someone you hired just for the day. It is nice to offer them a seat at your reception, but I don't think they will be offended if you don't especially if they are just a day hire. However, if you know them (e.g., your church pastor) then I think it is a good idea to extend the dinner invite to them as a courtesy.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine, I think it's a really thoughtful gesture. I remember a few months ago, Eartha had a similar question for one of her vendors: Photobooth vendors for dinner What are your thoughts?

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know back then you would invite the officiant to the supper not sure if people still do. But also they usually politely decline. ☺

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics