Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lesley
Super September 2017 Manitoba

Are you having a scheduled send off?

Lesley, on July 12, 2017 at 10:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

I'm noticing this a lot in programs and I'm wondering if anyone is planning their exits? It always made sense to me in movies because people are jetting off right away. I hadn't planned to leave the party in any special way although I like the idea of a sparkler send off.

What are you all doing?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 17:19
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stayed til the last hour of the night. No send off.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our wedding is similar to yours. Last call at 1am and then clean up the decos we want to keep. We have to be out by 2am the latest.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't quite decided what to do yet. Still considering.,.. lots of options

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won't be doing any sort of send off. We have to clean up our decorations and gifts, etc after the party is over at 1am, so it'll be last dance, then us and our wedding party and family cleaning up.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I believe my FH just did a search of bus companies in the area. I believe we have either a school bus or a small coach bus. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a send off since it isn't a very long or late wedding anyway. We want to stay and enjoy to the end!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a great idea...now to look into a bus... where did you look to book such a thing?

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No send off needed for us. Our wedding is on a Sunday afternoon. Many of our guests are middle aged and older so they won't be staying until midnight. The others have to be at work the next day so they won't be staying till midnight either. I think my husband and I will be so tired that we'll call it a night early.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a send off as we are staying where we are getting married. We do have a bus picking people us from our venue to go back to the hotel at two different times in the evening. Our party end time is 12:30am.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are doing the sparkler send off! His idea actually. We are planing to leave for our hotel at around 10pm . The party is scheduled to go on until about midnight.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing a send off as the venue provides lodging and we have a room there as well as most of my out of town family. I think a lot of people will be leaving earlier than 1am as well and we only have 40 people so I don't see the point. Plus I need to clean up any decorations I have.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The sparkler idea is super cute. I feel like I wont be doing a special send off because a lot of people will be leaving earlier on as they are older and it will be all the younger crowd left and I will be staying until the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics