Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Are you bringing in statement pieces?

Sarah, on April 1, 2021 at 16:23 Posted in DIY 0 6
I’m curious if any other couples are lugging large items into their venue for that extra wow factor?The original plan was to just use what he had at the venue but after postponing our wedding from last year and seeing just how fragile and short life can be we want to go all out for our big day with pieces that show who we are as a couple.My house has been described as retro chic and I love that!We are going back and fourth on whether or not we should rent a uhaul and bring a few items in with us.

The buffet thing was my grandmothers and it was in extremely rough shape when it finally came to our place so my fiancé brought it back to life.I want to use this for my candy bar instead of doing the traditional table set up.We will have a vintage candy shop backdrop behind it.
The chair was given to me from a local buy nothing group and with a quick $50 cover from Amazon it screams me!We plan on using this for our signing chair with a currently beat up looking desk that I scored for $15 that we will paint white and add crystal knobs to.Instead of doing a guest book we are having our guests sign the desk so we can keep it forever.
I would love to see any DIY projects you have done and any pieces you are bringing in to make your day even more magical.Are you bringing in statement pieces? 1Are you bringing in statement pieces? 2
Are you bringing in statement pieces? 3
Are you bringing in statement pieces? 4
Are you bringing in statement pieces? 5
Are you bringing in statement pieces? 6

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on April 2, 2021 at 19:42
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a book arch I found second hand on facebook. We set it up at my parents house for our mini reception and it didn't quite fit (it's 8 feet tall and so are their ceilings!).

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like your all set! Lol I was picturing lifting things in a wedding dress
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Each item has its own set of issues to begin with so I’m not overly concerned as a new coat of paint or a new cover will fix most issues.The hutch thing will be placed in front of a bay window so it shouldn’t be bumped or anything crazy unless people are running wild and it’s already survived 50+ years in the family so it will be fine.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We get the venue the day before and until noon the day after as long as it’s open anyways lol 😂 I have 3 teenage sons,future husband and 3 other strong men so I won’t be lifting a finger.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Or have guests mess up your personal furniture at the wedding, even unintentionally.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s an awesome idea!!
    My one concern is who’s lugging it around on the wedding day lol you definitely don’t want to have to pack a uhaul up with heavy furniture right after your wedding..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics