Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Colleen
Beginner March 2018 Ontario

Are photo booth props getting over done?

Colleen, on June 3, 2017 at 23:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hey everyone!
I know everyone's doing photo booths now and I really like the idea of having something interactive and fun for the guests to do but I'm wondering if props are becoming a bit too over done or typical. Do you think just having a really cool backdrop is enough? Or maybe even multiple backdrops that can be swapped out so guests can choose what they like? Anyone have completely different interactive ideas?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    O haven't seen photobooths ar indian weddings.

However, there was a new way of guests taking pictures standing infront if a green screen and they can wear props. You let the company know what background you want set when the picture is printed. It was pretty cool of technology.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the beginning stages of wedding planning and I am hoping to have a photo booth but dIY. Create a simple background and go to the dollar store for some simple photo props. I picked up some black chalkboard word bubbles for 1.50 a piece for 10 word bubbles double sided. Guests can use there own cameras and Wedding Wire has there own app where your guests can share the photos for you to have them as well.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could also make some DIY props to make it more fun.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Changing backdrops could be a pain. We're doing a photo booth and the props should suffice. Cheers!!! Smiley smile

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a nice touch to exchange your vows. I'm sure the family pressure is on you but try to simplify. My daughter's sister-in-law had an Italian wedding (both are Italian decent) and it cost $50,000.00. I'm sure they received a lot of it back in gifts but seriously, I can think of better things to do with that money (like put it in an RRSP and watch it double every 10 years). I don't believe you have to do what's expected. This is your day (and FH's too) so don't be afraid to stand up for what you want. Don't let people bowl you over if there's something you don't like.

• Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with you 100%! I'm stuck however, to plan a big fat Italian wedding since my destination wedding was shot down. Some of these ideas I loathe (candy bar), but we gotta do what's expected of us sometimes unfortunately. We're planning to exchange our written vows on the day of prior to the ceremony so we can read them alone and reflect on what the day really means and why we've planned all this before we meet at the alter.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most trends are being overdone. Photo booths, candy bars, over the top décor, etc. are being done over and over again. It's gotten to the point that if you don't do things to "entertain" your guests, you've put on a so-so wedding. Have we forgotten that it's a celebration of the bride and groom's promises to eachother? It's not a circus to entertain the masses.

• Colleen
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your input! I think we will stick with the props!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like it might be overdone for people who are at these kind of parties every weekend but I sincerely doubt our guests are in that position. I think they're easy enough to have on hand and if no one wants to use them, they won't.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't like the idea of props but that's just my opinion. I think that if I was using a photo booth I would still want to have props though for people who may want to use them. I figure if some people want to use them the props are there at least but if some people think it's lame or don't want to use them then they don't have to include them in their photos, but at least the option is there!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a photobooth and we are just using props for ours. I have never actually used a photobooth before and gotten the experience of using the props or backdrops! I feel if I were a guest I might miss out if there weren't any props just because maybe not everyone has used a photobooth and it might be something guests are looking forward to! But that is just my personal thoughts on it, you might have a very different crowd then the guests attending my wedding and so maybe different backdrops would be perfect for them! You could always ask some people who are invited to your wedding what their thoughts are on photobooths and if they prefer props etc..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics