Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyssa
Curious April 2021 Manitoba

Are people booking honey moons right now?

Alyssa, on October 3, 2020 at 20:58 Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
I want to start planning for our honey moon but I’m wondering if people are booking right now, because of Covid? Is it a good idea?
I also don’t want to wait too late!
Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ryan, on June 2, 2021 at 05:40
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're holding off. I want to get to go on a real trip, and now it's looking like that will be put off until 2022. If rather wait and be safer.

You could do a mini-moon closer to home. Maybe a fancy hotel or a weekend at a cottage instead of a whole week away.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have booked out Honeymoon, but we also purchased cancellation insurance in the event of that "unknown" but like you I don't want to wait to long and I want to make sure its booked in the event we do go.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would personally hold off on booking for honeymoon. There is so much unknown and covid is not covered by I insurance for the most part.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I skipped the honeymoon due to COVID. We are spending our wedding night in a beautiful hotel, and the next day we are going to have some breakfast and then hit up the spa for massages and facials. Then we will use the spa facilities (pool and hot tub) to enjoy the rest of the day. It’s a mini honeymoon. Eventually we will go away somewhere. It doesn’t need to be right after the wedding.
  • Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not booking our honeymoon yet (I want to go away for at least 3 weeks to Colombia) we also haven’t even booked out flights for our May 2021 wedding! I think international travel is way to un predictable right now. BUT if you are able to travel during the pandemic I would make sure business or first class was purchased. This is the only true way to be distanced from others on the flight. I also don’t want to quarantine when we get home for 2 weeks, so for us, we need to have these restrictions lifted before we go travelling again. I also worry about getting sick in another country, and the cost of health care, and possibly a much lower class hospitals, or worse, a government quarantine in an unfamiliar country.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re waiting until there is positive evidence covid is wrapping up, and when we won’t have to quarantine upon return. We bought airline tickets to Maui that have been credited for two years so we aren’t in any rush. We’d rather go when the risk is low and so we don’t use all our vacation time in quarantine either going there or coming back home.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, there is no rush for a honeymoon (it's just any vacation you two are taking together) and we wouldn't even think of traveling anywhere if there's even a hint of covid still lingering around.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, we definitely haven't even thought about it due to COVID. We wanted to go to Europe but we may explore the Maritimes instead (if we're even allowed in!). Most of the planning process has felt pointless lately, a honeymoon seems extra pointless to think about.

• Charlotte
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are to get married in July. Our plan was to take a few days to our selves just in Ontario immediately after then down south somewhere tropical in the fall. We have not planned and booked anything though and I think booking is on a pause until we see what happens with COVID-19.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I haven't even started booking our honeymoon yet. We're getting married in August. We planned on going to Anaheim California and go to all of the amusement parks but because Disneyland isn't open yet, we're thinking we might have to change our plans and stay in Canada. Also if the 14 day quarantine stays in effect if we travel, then we will be having our honeymoon in Canada for sure. There's so many beautiful places to go here in Canada anyways! Disneyland might be put on hold for us for now. Wherever you decide to go, it'll be amazing!

• Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really don’t think it’s a good idea! I would maybe start planning it a few months before, research prices/ accommodation etc. But I wouldn’t book unless it’s a couple of months away. Things are just changing so quickly with Covid. We were going to go to Bali but instead we went local to Tobermory! Regardless it will feel like a honeymoon and magical wherever it is! I’m still high over my weddingSmiley smile Goodluck

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics