We have booked out Honeymoon, but we also purchased cancellation insurance in the event of that "unknown" but like you I don't want to wait to long and I want to make sure its booked in the event we do go.
I would personally hold off on booking for honeymoon. There is so much unknown and covid is not covered by I insurance for the most part.
My fiancé and I skipped the honeymoon due to COVID. We are spending our wedding night in a beautiful hotel, and the next day we are going to have some breakfast and then hit up the spa for massages and facials. Then we will use the spa facilities (pool and hot tub) to enjoy the rest of the day. It’s a mini honeymoon. Eventually we will go away somewhere. It doesn’t need to be right after the wedding.
We are not booking our honeymoon yet (I want to go away for at least 3 weeks to Colombia) we also haven’t even booked out flights for our May 2021 wedding! I think international travel is way to un predictable right now. BUT if you are able to travel during the pandemic I would make sure business or first class was purchased. This is the only true way to be distanced from others on the flight. I also don’t want to quarantine when we get home for 2 weeks, so for us, we need to have these restrictions lifted before we go travelling again. I also worry about getting sick in another country, and the cost of health care, and possibly a much lower class hospitals, or worse, a government quarantine in an unfamiliar country.
We’re waiting until there is positive evidence covid is wrapping up, and when we won’t have to quarantine upon return. We bought airline tickets to Maui that have been credited for two years so we aren’t in any rush. We’d rather go when the risk is low and so we don’t use all our vacation time in quarantine either going there or coming back home.
Yeah, we definitely haven't even thought about it due to COVID. We wanted to go to Europe but we may explore the Maritimes instead (if we're even allowed in!). Most of the planning process has felt pointless lately, a honeymoon seems extra pointless to think about.
We are to get married in July. Our plan was to take a few days to our selves just in Ontario immediately after then down south somewhere tropical in the fall. We have not planned and booked anything though and I think booking is on a pause until we see what happens with COVID-19.
My fiance and I haven't even started booking our honeymoon yet. We're getting married in August. We planned on going to Anaheim California and go to all of the amusement parks but because Disneyland isn't open yet, we're thinking we might have to change our plans and stay in Canada. Also if the 14 day quarantine stays in effect if we travel, then we will be having our honeymoon in Canada for sure. There's so many beautiful places to go here in Canada anyways! Disneyland might be put on hold for us for now. Wherever you decide to go, it'll be amazing!
I really don’t think it’s a good idea! I would maybe start planning it a few months before, research prices/ accommodation etc. But I wouldn’t book unless it’s a couple of months away. Things are just changing so quickly with Covid. We were going to go to Bali but instead we went local to Tobermory! Regardless it will feel like a honeymoon and magical wherever it is! I’m still high over my wedding Goodluck