Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island

Archway decorations

Katherine, on June 19, 2020 at 07:40 Posted in DIY 0 5
Archway decorations 1
So this is the archway that we’re planning on getting married at. I’m planning on draping it with white lace fabric and I’d love to do one or two floral pieces for it. On the chance that the arrangements are out of my price range, what’s a backup solution? What else could I decorate it with?
I’m not very crafty and the cost to buy fake flowers is crazy here.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 21, 2020 at 16:49
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a beautiful archway if you want to do floral on a tight budget I would highly recommend wisteria vines off of amazon.I can find the seller I used if you like and have included a few photos of the vines.They come in several different colours.The pink and white was achieved with 2 packs.Archway decorations 2
    Archway decorations 3

Archway decorations 4

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup I agree with others this is gorgeous on its own. If you want to add a little something extra, and floral clusters are out of the budget, maybe see if you can repurpose something in order to cut costs? For example, you could buy one garland of greenery, decorate the arch with it, and then move it to the reception space after and use it as a table runner for your head table. Just a thought!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Amelia, definitely check out the fabric stores and potted plants. You could also be proactive and get a vine plant like honeysuckle or clematis and start to grow it at your house (in the pot) and then you can bring it to the arbour. You can get them at garden centres for under $10 each and they’ll make a wonderful blooming display.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be honest, you don't need much for such an arch. As Amelia said, it's pretty good even plain but if you want to add a touch here and there to jazz it up, two simple arrangements placed on opposite corners (one bottom corner, and then the top corner on the other side) would work. And because of the depth, I personally would say you don't need drapery.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe some light gauzy fabric in one of your wedding colors? Either with or instead of the lace if you want a bit more color. Is there a fabric store open on the island yet? (I'm in NB and I think Fabricville stayed open as an "essential" for mask makers the whole time)

You could do potted plants at the base, one on each side, and you can add them to your garden after or send them home with a guest so it's less wasteful than cut flowers.

I also like it plain, it's a beautiful piece in a lovely setting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics