Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2019 Ontario

April Wedding in Toronto

Mary, on August 30, 2018 at 21:16 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi ladies. I'm planning to have my wedding in April 2019. Initially the plan was to have it in June early. But the wedding place is giving a better price if we make in from January to April. What do you think about it? Isn't it still cold in Toronto and not green? I want to be green in my photoes and not too cold. But I also want to save money as much as I can.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 2, 2018 at 01:20
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

April is really an unpredictable month in Toronto. My mothers birthday was April 2, and I recall the weather being a little warmer and sunny, while my birthday was April 15 and it was an ice storm.

Making the most of the weather and being open-minded to what may come will really aid in having beautiful pictures and a wonderful time!

• S
    Ontario
    Susan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

April will not be green, alas, in Toronto. And it will be cold. You might even encounter a snow storm if you're "lucky". That being said you have some interesting options if you'd like green in your pics. I don't know where in the city you are getting married, but the conservatory at Allan Gardens is just gorgeous and wedding photos are taken there all the time (you'll need a permit, but that's normal and photographers are probably familiar with it). It's warm inside because the plants need it, and there are lovely water features and stuff and everything!

https://www.blogto.com/city/2010/05/allan_gardens/

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Off season gives you better rates with the venue and if its chilly, everyone will be warm inside.

As for greenery for pictures, its hard to tell what mother nature may give depending on the time of day and season.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say go with what works with your wallet lol and then find a good photographer. What I've learned o. My wedding journey is that things don't always have to be so typical. Think about it why do all brides do pictures outside? Don't get me wrong I chose an outside venue but it is just amazing and goes with my look. (my wedding is in October by the way so I hope we don't freeze too bad lol) but there are lots of options for indoor photos. Depends on lots of things I guess. Check out where is close to your venue. Also, how is your day? For example my ceremony is at 5:30pm at my venue so we have all that time to do pics before. So if you have time you can travel a little bit further from your venue if need be. Hope this helps!
  • M
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for sure if I want to get it in April it's going to be the last days on a weekend.
    Agreee, it's hard to pick a day
  • M
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, the only promotion this place is offering is January to April 40$ cheaper for every individual.
  • Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This past mid-April was pretty terrible with the heavy rain and ice storm.

2016 I was with a wedding on April 2. It was kind of cold but not freezing. I wore a thin coat. At one point there was really light snow in the morning while we were walking to the church but for like 10 min. Yet I came across a photographer who shot at a wedding that happened April 23 2016 and it was beautiful. Greenery everywhere and looks like the weather wasn't cold.

Maybe get the last weekend of April? There may be rain but that could happen any day of the year. At least it'll be somewhat warmer and more greenery. Weather guessing sucks when it comes to picking a date unfortunately Smiley sad

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did May on a Friday and were able to get a lot of great savings since it is a Friday!! A lot of places give you the off season prices for Friday and Sunday Weddings! I would say you're fine in April..... but honestly we had an ice storm mid April this year so I really dont know anymore.... :/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics