Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie October 2023 Ontario

Appetizers only

Kris, on December 15, 2022 at 12:18 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
I’m planning our wedding, it’s the second for us both. We want simple but elegant-ish, live band, good party. I’m thinking it’ll start at 6:00, we will tell everyone to eat dinner beforehand and will only serve appetizers… with an open bar.
Thoughts?
Venue ideas where I can do this that is near Lake Huron (Canada side)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on December 28, 2022 at 13:14
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm okay 150 is a healthy size... I think the condo room we had the occupancy was 60 people but we also had a live band (a duo) and it worked! Have you thought of a hotel? or just a cool trendy event space that is kind of industrial looking? I feel like there are some pop up places like that. Sounds like a sweet event though, good luck! Smiley heart

• K
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, thanks for this. We’ll have too many people for a bar. I’m trying to think outside the box here. ❤️
  • K
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I feel like we’ll have up to 150 guests… so I think I’ll have to think it of the box. Want a live band… lots of dancing and fun!
    Because we’ll invite so many people, dinner is out of the question…
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had something similar, began at 5pm, but had appetizers and dinner. We actually had it at a "party room" in a condo downtown Toronto with a terrace. It was simple, elegant, and perfect for our intimate gathering so if you know anyone who lives in a fancier condo with a nice event room/party room maybe try to see if you can book that.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to Weddingwire. Second time around is always so much more fun 😊
    You should check out a couple of restaurants and/or bars in the general area you want to be near. I just went to a wedding with similar style and it was at the PortHouse in Mississuaga. Food was great and open bar too. Either way I'm sure it will be fabulous

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics