Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Anyone make the invitations?

Kaisha, on May 30, 2018 at 20:26 Posted in DIY 0 21

I have been searching and searching and have not found the perfect invitations, I am thinking about making my own. Has anyone else done this?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Gabbie, on June 10, 2018 at 12:41
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am designing mine from scratch on Canva. I made my own monogram and then uploaded it to use it on the invitations.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Checkout basicinvite.com they have tons of selection, colors, and fonts!

Anyone make the invitations? 1
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These look great!
  • H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Realized the picture didnt load. Also still trying to figure out how to print the writing on the bwlck part

Anyone make the invitations? 2
  • H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FMIL makes cards. This is currently the design we are woking with
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can totally understand not finding the perfect invitation and taking the make it yourself route. Most of the ones we found we front runners were ridiculous expensive, so I designed my own on GIMP.

Price-wise, it was hard to beat. GIMP is free. There are a bunch of sites and resources to get free additional brushes and fonts for it, which makes finding resources to match your wedding theme/style easy...and a bunch of really good tutorials for anything I didn't already know how to do on YouTube. If you enjoy doing artistic things, could be an avenue worth explore for you to create your perfect invitation.

• Bonnie
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found a design we loved, re-created it in Picktochart ( can sign up for a free account) and then had it printed through vistaprint. They turned out awesome!!
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was making my own but decided to check out this site. I love it! I think I have my invitation all done. I even got approval from my FH

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually love these! I am currently working on my own version but if it doesn't work we may spend some more time looking on Etsy

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made invitations using kits from michaels for my friends wedding. They turned really nice and they come with the paper, rsvp cards, and envelopes for both. If your looking to make them yourself they can be a great starting point. She printed them all at home and then we polished them up with some ribbons, bow, and jewels to tie the whole bundle together. The sets also come with access to templates that you can use as a fill in the blank or make your own. This can be a real money saver if you like the card stock in the pack and you can watch for sales or when they have %40 off coupons. My sister and me also used them to make invites for my parents anniversary party the next year.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I considered doing it, and actually started making something that looked nice using canva.com (like my future brother and sister-in-law did), but then a graphic designer at my church offered to design and print them for free.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you say you have a good printer? what do you have?
    I currently don't own a printer. but if the savings is worth it over vistaprint or somewhere else. then why not! Smiley smile

and what is this paper deal? sorry. so many questions.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what I will be doing for my invitation but for the Save the Dates I will probably make them myself on Photoshop and go from there - I'm hoping that my skills from Grade 9 Digital Media will suffice! Smiley tongue Pixlr.com is like a free online version of it - highly recommend it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made our own! We purchased the template from Etsy and printed everything right at home. It was easy and cost effective!

Anyone make the invitations? 3

• M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made ours online ourselves and printing it at staples
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are making ours! My grandma is incredible with that sort of stuff so she made our save the dates for us and will be doing our invitations in the new year. You can find lots of templates online on etsy but we just draw up ideas and she makes them come to life! This was the save the date she made for us and I love it ❤

Maybe try posting on a swap and shop page and ask for someone who is good with that sort of stuff and looking to make a few extra $$? I'm sure there are lots out there Smiley smile

Anyone make the invitations? 4
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a template similar to what I wanted on Etsy and messaged the seller to ask if she would help create what I wanted. Once she gave me the template for mine, I printed them off from Vistaprint. I definitely suggest messaging the sellers on Etsy if you see something similar to what you like and see if they will work with you.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are doing this! We bought paper from Michael's when it was 4/$1, and we have a good printer so we will be printing, cutting and assembling them ourselves! We still need to figure out envelopes, but we paid about 40 for the invitations, RSVP cards and detail inserts!!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I bought pocket envelopes for mine and I’m just ordering off of Etsy and doing everything myself.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've made our save the dates ourselves and will do the same for our invitations, of which we only have a mock up for now since we won't even sending them until December. We've send our save the dates last week and we got a lot of very nice responses to them about how cute, fun and personal they were. If you want to make them yourself, you should totally do it! It's probably a lot cheaper too and you got all the freedom for whatever you wanna make
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my bridesmaids is a graphic designer so she it's creating and making all our invitations. I always knew I wanted to create my own because then they would be more unique and personalized but I could never actually do it because I wouldn't know where to start lol. You can hire people to design and do them for you. Look at the invitation tap on vendors in this site.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics