Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Anyone got married at Chateau Le Parc?

Sumin, on September 15, 2019 at 15:28 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hi all,

I’ve been looking at a lot of venues recently (tired and stressed!) and Chateau Le Parc is one of my top choices for my wedding next year. I love the space and everything but the only concern is that they don’t seem like the responsive type. When we had our one on one meeting to see the site, Joseph was great - friendly and honest. We emailed him with more questions and asked for a quote and available dates for next year. He simply sent a PDF quote (which included some of the answers to my questions) with no text at all and he did not give us any dates. My fiancé emailed him back but no answer so far. My fiancé’s coworker experienced something similar recently but with another rep - she was so frustrated with how badly they communicated and how rude they were she decided to skip on them. Has anyone had a similar or different experience ?!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 16, 2019 at 16:38
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They didnt respond to me much either so i skipped them! the venue i have now responds to all my emails and questions within a few hours!! my theory was if they werent responding to me then why would they respond when my wedding was coming up!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t had an experience with this venue, however, when canvassing venues before we chose ours, I noticed that venues typically like meeting with people in person rather than answering questions over email. This can be difficult with various work schedules, timing (because usually they want to meet during the week), etc.

if you’re genuinely interested, I’d call and ask for a follow up meeting to ask the remainder of your questions.

The sad part is, most venues are a lot more responsive to couples once they have your money (ie deposit).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sumin - congrats on your engagement and welcome to the WeddingWire community!

I know I'm over in MB so I obviously don't know about this venue in specific, but I experienced this with a few venues as well. Basically the reasoning I got from venues that were like this was that they don't want them or us to waste time so if the quote is way off from what you are wanting to spend then no harm and then they won't be waiting to hear back from you about if you want to book with them or not. Seems pretty good to me - less work if I just get the price list and can go from there.

As for them not replying back to your email after they sent that list out - could be because they are just winding down with the wedding season or more likely what I ran into was the wedding venue worker(s) only worked 2 days a week as it's not exactly a full time job. Depending on how long you have waited I would give a week and a half before it would be considered too long of a wait. If you have waited longer than that then I would be calling them to ask when the venue coordinator or whatever will be in so you can call on that day until they answer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics