Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie April 2024 Alberta

Anyone else skipping their reception?

Chantelle, on October 12, 2022 at 19:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
After looking the past few days at reception venues I’m starting to think, is this really necessary for my wedding? I’m having a small wedding In the mountains and considering just doing something fun like bowling and drinks and food with my guests instead, since it’s just close family and friends. Has anyone else done untraditional receptions? I’d love to hear others opinions

10 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on October 13, 2022 at 12:25
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went for the first time this past May when we were on our minimoon! We loved it so much we went back for lunch before we left!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is good to know! We have yet been able to get in there but I love the vibe and aesthetic of it! Super excited Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I lovee park distillery!! Their food is AMAZING and their drinks are soo good!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If that's what you and your fiance want to do, I would do that! It's your wedding day and not anyone elses! Do what you want to do!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have so many options for small weddings, you can do it how you want. We originally planned to get an air B&B because venues were so expensive, but then found a decent priced venue that only caters up to 50 people and we originally planned for 15 but my FH keeps inviting people he really doesn't know.

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the same feelings - no desire for a plated dinner or dancing in a banquet hall. We are having a small reception (parents, siblings, 2 friends each) and then we rented a house and we’re having a few extra people come by for karaoke and pizza and cocktails. It’s going to be so much more fun and casual ☺️ Plus, we’re sleeping there so we don’t have to worry about getting back to a hotel or anything after
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's called an elopement and if that's what you wanna do, I say go for it!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I say do it! If you know the crowd will love it I wouldn’t hesitate! We are doing ours at Park Distillery and we booked the guides room that has its own private balcony and bar!

• C
    Newbie April 2024 Alberta
    Chantelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness no way, I’m getting married at tunnel mountain with shotgun weddings as well!!! I was thinking of doing high rollers instead of a reception because everyone in my family loves bowling lol but I’m still trying to find some potential restaurant options Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing this exact thing. We are doing a small intimate wedding ceremony at Tunnel Mountain Reservoir and then a dinner at a restaurant with our closest friends and family members! I am so excited! I think you should 100% do this.

We ending up booking with shotgun wedding to do our ceremony and it comes with the officiant, photographer, fees and permits to get married in a national park, planners and decorators if you are adding chairs and an arch and flowers (which we are). Then if you reach out the Banff Collective, they have tons of restaurants and venues to choose from, and one of them is a bowling alley!!

Happy planning and don’t be afraid to reach out if you need too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics