Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Anyone else having a "non-traditional" reception?

Melinda, on March 31, 2017 at 13:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3

We are having a brunch wedding with the ceremony in the morning and the reception right after. We decided not to have a dance party and instead we are planning to play lawn games and just spend time talking to our guests. We'll still have music playing, so people could dance if they want, but we're not setting out a dance floor or anything. Anyone else not having a "traditional" dance party reception? And if not, what are you planning to do instead?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 3, 2017 at 11:35
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melinda,

I’m so happy to meet you here! I can't wait to get to know you more! Smiley heart

It is more important that you do what you really like, than what is traditional.

I made this game today as I'm the new community for WW. I think you will like it.

Do you dare? Yes or no?

How's your wedding planning going so far? Did you already find your wedding dress?Smiley love

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, the one thing I'm concerned about is getting everything set-up and hair/makeup and all that stuff before 10:30am. I don't mind getting up early, but I want to enjoy and not stress too much. I've already asked my brother and his wife to be my coordinators on the day. They are both teachers so I feel like they will have everything in command!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like lots of fun! We decided to have a late afternoon ceremony and a dinner and party in the evening. It's pretty traditional but since we are getting married out in the country and away from home, the later time makes it easier for us and the guests. Plus we get to sleep in Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics