Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Any suggestions or experience you can share with doing a virtual bridal shower??

Allison, on January 14, 2021 at 15:55 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hello everyone,

I originally had planned to have my bridal shower at a community room and have about 30 guests. Since all the ongoing changes with the pandemic in Ontario- the latest being lockdown and as of today a Stay Home order/curfew, I am contemplating doing a virtual bridal/wedding shower. My wedding is not until May (and was already postponed from May 2020). Original date of shower was made for the end of March, but thinking of waiting until April in hopes of improvement with the current affair of things. Any suggestions or ideas on how to do it? I live in an apartment building, so doing a "Drive-by" may also not be possible. Appreciate the help, thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Haylee, on January 24, 2021 at 19:16
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I got married last summer, some family pulled together a virtual bridal shower for me through Facebook. A private group was created for myself and all of the guests invited to join, and we had fun with different bridal themed posts, online games, etc! Anyone who purchased gifts was also able to have them shipped to me. I would post photos each week and thank everyone for giving. It wasn't what I would have imagined a bridal shower to be, but it was the best for the times we're living in. It also gave so many the chance who live far away to join in, who otherwise couldn't have in person!

• Allison
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good points! I will definitely have a moderator!

• Allison
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vinod,

great, thank you!

• Allison
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into it with my MOH and bridesmaids.

• Allison
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Catilyn,

thank you! That sounds encouraging.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Virtual bridal shower is a nice idea to have for sharing moments with the ladies and setting a registry online for them to get you gifts shipped to your home to open and from whom. The packaging may not be wrapped up nice though its the thought put into it. Many of my cousins have done this so they have not left travelled with anything making it lighter on their end. Amazon has a bridal registry as some sites you do like to add on as well for your family and friends to shop their choice.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    During other parts unpin yourself though so everyone can talk and visit
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make sure you pin yourself while you are doing your gift opening. People want to see the gifts and older ones might not know how to pin you so pinning yourself for everyone is a good solution.

Have someone handling the tech stuff because people might lose connections a lot during the shower and keep needing to be let back in.
    If you make your zoom without a password you will have less to deal with with older ones putting the code in the wrong spots.
    Consider muting all for a time during your shower. Some people are crazy loud with their ‘awes’ and it’s crazy annoying to hear someone full blast in the mic saying awe 47 times per gift lol
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to do a virtual baby shower for my MOH in October (I know you're asking about a bridal shower, but this is along the same lines) and it was quite entertaining and fun! We still played games, she opened a few gifts, showed us what the baby room looked like, and we were all able to catch up with one another. It obviously would have been nice to have an in-person shower, but doing it online was a great alternative.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on what the purpose of the shower is. If you just wanna catch up with your girlfriends, just have a video chat with drinks. If you want to make it a thing, there are a ton of games online you can play like Codenames. I usually use the phone as my video call and my laptop for the games so that you can "react" in person and see each other's faces while using the bigger and better laptop screen for the game.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics