Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Any August brides cancel yet?

Sarah, on April 6, 2020 at 14:59 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22
I know it’s kind of early but it is not looking good. I want to wait until June. Just wondering What other August brides are thinking?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Savannah, on April 19, 2020 at 13:15
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! Just trying to keep positive! 🤞🏼
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!! I hope this is the case!!! Thank you
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so positive!! That is just what I needed to hear. Thank you
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you’ll be good for August. We were supposed to be May and postponed to August after hearing that they projected that they would likely be able to start reopening June/July, and since the government is more open about discussing it and we’re beginning to flatten the curve I feel optimistic for August!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw thank you so much! My fingers are crossed for you too! I agree there has been some positive outlooks from the government lately which is a little reassuring!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I honestly think you’ll be ok in August! I’ve been feeling more optimistic this week. All levels of government have been talking about how they want to open up - that’s never been an open topic of discussion before.

I think they will allow gatherings in waves (if people are back to work as they’re planning next month in a lot of jobs it’ll be difficult to keep that six feet distance). I think he’ll start at 50 and see how that goes for a few weeks and increase it again and observe it, etc.
    I’m holding out hope our wedding will happen in July - we’re right on the cusp if they do a rolling opening like I think they will.
    In any case, you’ll definitely know in June where this is headed. I’m hoping it works out for you in August!!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow!! Yes guest list is a factor for us too. We’re also looking at 100 people and I think things will be gradual to change so I am kind of predicting their will still be gathering bans in place. We’re still going to wait until June though. Must be a lot less stressful to have made the decision already though!!
  • J
    Newbie June 2022 Yukon Territory
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just postponed our August wedding in Kelowna until August 2021 Smiley sad ... I was so stressed out and kept going back and fourth on my decision.
    However, 95 percent of our family is in the Yukon and we don’t want to risk having them travel during this. Also we were nervous of what kind of gathering bans might still be in place even if things had calmed down by that point. Our guest list is 100 people and it was impossible to narrow down the list.
    I still am second guessing if I made the right decision though - if I wasn’t so stressed out I probably would have waited another month or so To decide! In the end I just found it very hard planning a wedding that’s in Kelowna from the Yukon when everything is shut down etc and started feeling behind in everything!
  • A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are August 23rd and have picked a back up date just in case. I wont make any decisions till June. Alberta is supposed to peak mid May.... So far I have only chosen the date and let my vendors know JUST IN CASE, but right now things are still going ahead as normal.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh Interesting!!
    Yes it makes my head spin too. I have zero problems staying home but this is really impacting some big decisions!!
    I just hope if restrictions get lifted we don’t get a second wave where we are isolating again. I know that’s what some are predicting. Guess we’ll see . Everything is so day by day
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wasn’t that stressed until I realized even IF Ontario hits the peak on April 18 as they are guessing, Ford may be slow to increase gathering limits.

I did hear today that it will be a provincial decision to determine how low they want to case load to be for them to have things return to “normal”. Ford is a conservative so his concern will be the economy once we reach the peak in Ontario.
    But seriously - it is all so up in the air! Makes my head spin Smiley sad
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s another good point. Ours is about 100. We even sent save the dates a few months ago so I couldn’t imagine shrinking our list down. I think if there was still a cap on gatherings many people would still be fearful about going out anyway we’d still postpone
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My biggest worry is Ford will keep gatherings limited to 50 people - which doesn’t work for larger weddings. We’ve invited 325 and that’s our biggest fear right now!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does anyone worry that even if things get better and your wedding continues, that guests may be afraid to come out? That’s my only other fear..
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds quite optimistic Smiley smile thanks for sharing
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are August 15th and we havent cancelled anything yet. We are waiting for sometime in June to decide. Things are already looking up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also work in healthcare and the doctors I work with are optimistic things will be better in June so that makes me feel better.

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's such a terrifying world out there right now and with so much uncertainty. We are finally getting married Aug 14 on our 14th anniversary. It's a small wedding 40. We are hoping the world gets better that we can still get married. We have had many discussions as to next steps. We will wait till beginning of June to make decision as to what we will do. Fingers crossed we can get married as planned. Be well. All of us have the same anxiety.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are beginning of aug. we havent canceled yet waiting till beginning of june to decided. things are starting to get a bit better

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems this year has taken a big hit and hopefully nothing gets taken away for August weddings brides to look forward to their day.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are aug 8th... it’s so hard but at the moment we’re continuing on as if it’s going to happen,,, we’ll make a final decision come June but I’m praying we can still make it happen 😓
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re July 18 and not cancelling until we have to.

Ontario is already beginning to flatten so we are very optimistic that we’ll be ok for our bridal shower in June and our wedding in July!
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We are July 31 and we are waiting until the end of April to make any big decisions. Even by then we may not really know what will happen in July, especially the end. Hang in there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics