Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Haylee
Frequent user July 2020 Ontario

Anticipated Provincial Announcement

Haylee, on May 14, 2020 at 11:07 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Ontario summer 2020 brides, I'm sure you're all in the same boat as me and highly anticipating Doug Ford's announcement later today. I think there will be talk of raising the limit of gatherings. I'm hoping after whatever he says, it will make me feel better about sending invitations to family and going ahead with somewhat of a normal, yet smaller wedding than we planned. I'm honestly at peace we've decided to go ahead regardless. I fear postponing to next year could very well be affected yet again by other waves of the virus. Will be so relieved once we're married, and can't wait! 72 more days!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Savannah, on May 14, 2020 at 20:39
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hoping that the numbers keep decreasing and that phase 2 allows for larger gatherings/weddings. Our wedding was small to begin with (about 60 people), so we’re hoping we’ll be good for our celebration in August 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the positivity here we're all sharing with each other through this! Smiley heart

• M
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Moya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same boat as you ladies. It’s so hard to wait and not know how to move forward but we are holding out until at least early July, with the hopes of holding our ceremony as planned in September.

The phase 1 announcement today gave me some hope as the reporters did ask questions about increasing the number of small gatherings in Ontario from 5 to more... to which Doug Ford mentioned that they were expecting to have more information on that in the coming days.
    Stay positive ladies. We will all get through this
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you (and the rest of us!)

In NB were now allowed indoor weddings with 10 people, and the next stage is 50 in 1-3 weeks. We've postponed our reception, but I hope for the people who haven't that everything works out.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Phase 1 was “leaked” last night whether it’s true or not who knows!

It was parks, golf courses, marinas etc to open.
    However there was a note at the bottom saying for Phase 2 wedding industry will be contacted to increase wedding ceremonies! We’ll have to see what the next few weeks hold
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Haylee! My best friend is a July 2020 bride, and I hope to be an October 2020 bride. She's really on the fence about whether or not to go ahead and is really waiting for this announcement too! I have decided that I want to go ahead with mine no matter what the situation is like then. We're OK with cutting down our list, etc. if we have to! I just want to get married and be done with all this lol. Crossing my fingers that we hear good news, and best of luck to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics