Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Anti Pasto or Hors d'oeuvre's?

Amanda, on May 1, 2019 at 14:12 Posted in Wedding reception 0 17

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am trying to decide between the options of Anti Pasto or Hors d'oeuvre's during cocktail hour!

I love the idea of Hors d'oeuvre's because having an outdoor wedding, it would be nice for food to be handed around while everyone is "hopefully" being social either inside or outside. It is also the cheaper option!

Meanwhile, Antipasto I know is a favorite for many people, but I do not like the idea of people sitting down and eating even before we get back!

I would rather people have drinks and a little bite to eat before dinner, but my Father is really pushing for the Anti Pasto. What do you guys think?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 21, 2019 at 15:23
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do agree... We are leaning towards the cheaper option at the moment, but things can always change.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, I love your honesty!
    Thank you so much! Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of antipasto since it gives people more options (also I'm Italian, so I'm 100% bias).

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think hor d'oeuvres is a good idea for cocktail hour if dinner is being served shortly. However, if theres a couple hours before the reception, antipasto sounds like a good option. At the end of the day, it's what you want and if you're paying for the wedding, stick to your budget and let your father know that an antipasto option is not viable unless they would like to help pay for the difference.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both will be a win. someone will have some thing to say about either of them surely but you make good points about being outside and just having finger foods. that's definitely much easier and more social.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had the same issue when planning for our cocktail hour. FH is Italian, so antipasto is huge for that side of the family.

But at the end of the day, it is what you and your FH enjoy!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Robyn,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is definitely something I am going to have to consider.

I know both sides of the family don't have many food allergies, but they are very picky which could be just as bad.

I appreciate you commenting! Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing antipasto because it's the only option at our venue. That being said, I personally prefer antipasto because guests have a choice. I have a few food allergies so I can never enjoy hors d'oeuvres Smiley sad
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh you just made my day with that! lol
    I do agree, everyone will have an opinion no matter what. I am just trying to make both my Fiance's parents & mine the happiest.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope our Venue is able to do the same!! Smiley smile
    OMG Yes!!!!! Praying for the best weather possible!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! I have def been there. My parents didn't like the menu I had picked and I said unless they want to pay difference I couldn't do what they wanted. This is what ended up happening.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with hors d'oeuvre's but that's coming from somebody who just had to google what "anti pasto" even is!

Personally what google shows me doesn't look very appetizing, which means - you should pick what you and your FH are wanting and not what others want because no matter what you choose, there will still be people who would have done the opposite!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your feedback Becky. Harder than it sounds when you have FH's parents and mine all putting in their two cents lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tell me about it! It’s definitely more expensive. Not sure about your venue but ours gave us a list and we can pick and choose what to add. So if you can eliminate some pricier items, cost should go down.

Also, wedding date twins!!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do what makes you happy, I haven't been to one that has antipasto. I have been where the have hors d'oeuvres and it was amazing, they were constantly walking around with diff things and it was really good.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is my fear and what my Father keeps mentioning.
    It is just a huge jump in cost to have this added... Thank you so much for your input. i will definitely consider the AntiPasto!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing antipasto. It’s really common in my FH’s culture.

it also gives people different foods to have rather than 3 or 4 choices.

Ive been to weddings where I didn’t like any of the hors d’oeuvres and I was starving!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics