Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Beginner December 2022 Ontario

Another Wedding Cost Post

Emily, on October 4, 2021 at 17:37 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Do you guys think its possible to host a wedding for 32 people for around $15 000? A couple things to factor in as well; It'll be a winter wedding, no one needs transportation or hotel blocks, I'm opting for mostly seasonal greenery/faux bouquets, and if I have to go buffet style instead of plated I will no problem.

Both my partner and I would much rather go on an extravagant honey moon, or put more money into our dream house than have an insanely expensive wedding so if it's impossible to host a wedding for approx that amount we'd most likely elope!

Let me know what you guys think!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on October 9, 2021 at 16:12
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! There are so many ways to cut costs!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Do you know who the books are by? I might have a peek at them if I can find them!
  • Bonita
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Bonita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am budgeting $10 000 to host 40 people. It can be done.some books might help: The savy bride or practical wedding. Be creative and read about actual weddings online or books.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's a dangerous mentality in the wedding industry to go big and spend more to make it lavish. It's a trick used by retailers to appeal to your "once in a lifetime" mentality. If anything, I think this pandemic showed people that certain things just don't matter.

• Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely!!! We are having 35 people at a beautiful winery. Three course dinner. All the usual decor, flowers etc

Our budget was 10,000 and we have managed to do it no problem! You just have to be organized and a little creative 😊

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is so wonderful to hear you say that!! Also holy cow good on you! I know when it comes to Toronto it’s so easy to start choosing expensive options😨.
    I think all the wedding shows where the couple spends $30 000 are just buzzing around in my head lol
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely possible, especially with the off-season and you being in a smaller area compared to the GTA. I had a Toronto-based wedding last month that's not too far from that cost. You just have to allocate funds accordingly to certain expenses.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s amazing! I can’t imagine how tricky that would be in Vancouver! Good job and thank you so much for the confidence!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! Reach out if you have anymore questions!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely doable. We were budgeting for $20,000 for 100 people in Vancouver. If you do your research you’ll be able to find vendors to fit your budget.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally think that you can have a wedding with that amount of money!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that is so great to hear!! Thanks for your reply, makes me feel much better!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I absolutely think it's possible! We are having a wedding for 50-60 people and our projected coat is $****

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics