Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Anniversary Trip

Kelly, on December 11, 2019 at 12:37 Posted in Honeymoon 0 13

We're going to go to New York for our (wait for it)...10 FREAKING YEAR anniversary (of being together. not married).

We're going in May for 7 days Smiley smile

This will be my husband's first time to New York, and my second (but last time was with my high school, so the activities were planned for us).

Please share your tips for saving money in New York!

Places to stay!

Show tickets!

Places to eat!

Fun things to do!

Comfy but stylish footwear for stompin' 'round the streets of New York!

We have a couple of activities planned already. We're going to a Yankees game, and we have tickets to a non-musical Broadway show.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Carolyn, on July 14, 2021 at 03:25
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So amazing! I love NYC and want to bring my Husband one day. I've been twice and he has never been.

In Times Square there are double decker bus tours. You pay for the day, or I think you can do a couple days. It does a huge loop (central park area, 5th ave, down to the ferry) and you can hop on and off at any stop as many times as you want. This was the way we travelled both times we went and it was the best thing ever!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Crazy! I’ll let my sister know! She wants to go back next year!!
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! that's what I've heard! I've also looked at Broadway for Broke People, and it looks like a lot of the bigger shows like Hamilton and Lion King do daily lotteries where you pay only $10-$40 for the tickets if your name gets drawn.

• Cara
    Beginner December 2020 Ontario
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was just in NYC. We saved over $150 by going to the ticket booth for Broadway than online!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you stay in new jersey by the port authority path train it goes right into the world trade centre and you can get a WAYYYY cheaper place to stay (air bnb), see if you can book elis island for the empire state building . ive gone 7 times to NYC and havent ever gone cuz its booked MONTHS in advance. we also did the monday night magic show which is dirt cheap and amazing. and of course all the typical siteseeing places rocafella centre, times sq etc. i also did the siteseeing bus and you can hop on and off and it goes to brooklyn and all over the different areas of NYC (manhatten, Brooklyn etc), also check out canal street for some cheap shopping!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Interesting - she told me the opposite. They went to the booths and the tickets were more expensive than they were online before they left. Maybe it was a popular show or something lol

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm also a huge Yankees fan lol!

The 9/11 Memorial is definitely on the list! I saw ground zero the last time I was there but the memorial hadn't been built yet.

Interesting what you say about buying tickets in advance, because I've heard the opposite. In New York you can go to the TKTS booths and get discount tickets day of. If you book in advance, you're looking at $160 USD/ticket plus service fees for buying online!

We're looking at AirBnB and VRBO. Hotel prices are insane!

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're looking at Airbnbs in Brooklyn. Manhattan prices are nuts!

thanks for the top of the rock suggestion! We'll look into it for sure!!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing Disneyland for our 10 Year Anniversary in October after we get married in June!! Congratulations
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Edit: it's yeswevibe.com I gave the wrong URL in my first response :-)
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like a great trip! My sister lived in NYC for almost a decade.
    I don't have suggestions for places to go, but I'm all about the comfy shoes! www.wevibe.com I absolutely *love* their boots. They are so comfortable and I've had many people mistake them for actual Docs. I can walk miles in them.

Have a great trip!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister LOVES New York, literally loves - she's a Yankees fan - we have no idea where she gets it from LOL.

She went to New York a few years ago. In her opinion, you MUST go to the 9/11 memorial - she said it is the most moving place she has ever gone to.

She did a bike tour around central park which she said is really fun - not sure when you're going in May and how cold it'll be though.

Her favourite restaurant is Patsy's - it's an italian restaurant.

If you want to do broadway - buy your tickets in advance. They're too expensive in New York.

I'd probably see if you can snag an AirBnB - hotels are expensive as heck out there.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so exciting!

I haven't been to NYC in about ten years, but we stayed in New Jersey and took a bus or train in. So much cheaper than staying in Manhattan.
    Top of the Rock (Rockefeller center) has an amazing view. We did this instead of the Empire State building because you get a view of the Empire State building.
    Central Park is a must. I've been in May and in December and it was beautiful both times.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics