Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

And the stress finally hits

Cathrine, on April 4, 2018 at 09:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

I am just over two weeks away from the wedding and up till now I've been managing stress etc like a pro. That has all fallen apart now, along with me. It's not even like i have a mountain of things to still do and it's all manageable but i can't seem to get my stress under control. I'm freaking out. My heart is racing and i feel like i want to cry.

Granted, i also have my best friend/MOH who is going through a death in the family and work issues that are giving her a really hard time so i feel like i don't want to bother her and i want to support her as much as i can. Also, her 40th birthday is a week after my wedding and her family has dropped the ball on birthday plans so i'm stepping in to try to make it awesome for her (more planning).

I have another project on the go too that requires attention and planning so i know i might be a little over booked right now but what can you do? I can't not do what needs to be done.

I need to get my feelings under control.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on April 4, 2018 at 15:47
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had my wedding a week ago, so I totally understand what you are going through. The stress can be overwhelming. It does sound like you have a lot on your plate, so I suggest writing lists and deciding things that can wait and things that need to get done ASAP. The birthday party will be after the wedding so try and leave some of those things for afterwards, but focus on anything that needs immediate attention.

Keep in mind you have tons of people who I am sure would be willing to help out, so delegating where possible will help with the overwhelming feeling.

Best of luck and enjoy these weeks! While they are crazy, it certainly will pay off on your big day!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have some lieu days at work so i'm taking one tomorrow so i can get out and get some stuff done. I think i'll feel better when i have more checked off my list. I have all the smaller stuff to finish up now, like seating chart printouts, fine tuning timelines, place cards etc. My bridesmaids are coming over on the 14th to help put together all the centre pieces and favours. I will do the shopping for the rehearsal dinner and food for day of (breakfast/lunch) a couple days before.

I can do final payments for the cake and florist tomorrow too then. I'm actually chasing my venue right now to make our payment. Technically it was due yesterday and i've been emailing and calling for over a week asking about final dollar amounts and payment forms.

My bridal shower is on Saturday so i have that to look forward to. My FH and i went out and bought Thank you cards in preparation.

Hopefully i can get some sleep tonight and then i will feel better.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you need a day to yourself. What about going to the spa for a massage or going somewhere to think and not be distracted. Whenever I'm feeling this way I find myself going to water. I'll go sit around the lake or by the water falls we have in our city and it helps ground me.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you!! I'm 44days out and I'm freaking out. I picked most of our decor and flowers almost a year ago. I just asked for an appointment with our decorator because I'm freaking out it won't look good, I need to be reminded. I really have nothing left to do, but omg is the stress starting.

I just keep second guessing my decor even though I know it's perfect. Ugh lol
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds awful! That's a lot to go through so close to your big day. Try to take a day/evening to relax and unwind, talk to your fiancé too will help! I'm still 79 days off but I only feel stress when I'm around my mom because she just DRILLS me on everything! Plus she second guesses every. single. decision. It's driving me crazy, I just avoid her.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good luck with everything! The stress I’ve felt while wedding planning is next-level, so I can just imagine what you’re going through to add in your best friend issues.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG i completly know where you are coming from, my wedding also 2 weeks away so for some strange reason feel like crying all the time, i think its just a big change coming. I know that at the end of the day all be well so hold on to that feeling. Talking to your partner helps, and even though your friend has a lot going on she will appriciate that you still come to her.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awe I would still talk to her I’m sure she won’t mind I bet she wants to be there for you still! You should totally try and get in a spa day! Maybe go do pedis with her and some other bridesmaids? I plan to do that with my girls before my wedding. You have a lot on your plate for sure take it one thing/day at a time, talk to your partner and get lots of rest!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics