Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Newbie November 2018 Alberta

Am i crazy? Outdoor November wedding.

Chloe, on September 29, 2018 at 11:49 Posted in Alberta 0 4
Sooo, ever since me and my fiance moved to Canada (from the UK) I dreamt about getting married at Lake Louise, Banff etc because of the stunning views(we are really outdoorsy people). 6 months later we get engaged in Banff and loved it so much we booked a package wedding in Canmore for the coming November for various personal reasons e.g. family already visiting then. The only thing I was set on was that I wanted an outdoor wedding, always have. The closer we are getting and the colder the temperatures are getting I'm really worried that I'm going to freeze, I've seen so many photos of outdoor winter weddings here I thought it would be ok but I'm not so sure now especially when we have the photographer for 2 hours . Does anyone have any past experience and tips or tricks, I've looked into a fur wrap of some sort but dunno if this will cut it. I really don't want to get married inside anywhere 😣.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on October 31, 2018 at 00:22
  • J
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Born and raised Albertan here- have a backup plan, it will probably be cold. Could be 15 degrees celcius, could be -30 degrees celcius, with a blizzard and whiteout conditions. You can always get photos taken outside even if the ceremony is indoors. I'm all for braving the cold to get your dream wedding, but if it is a blizzard you will want a backup. Also, having a place nearby to warm up can help keep people outside and happy. Maybe serve hot drinks for the ceremony (tea, coffee, coco) and have blankets for the guests? You can even have a hot cocktail (hot toddy, blueberry tea) and serve soup as an appy or something for after the ceremony to warm everyone up.
  • Chloe
    Newbie November 2018 Alberta
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A fur jacket and preparing to be cold 😂🙈. The family are all ok with it and it's what we want so it's happening outdoors 😊
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your day is just around the corner now, Chloe, what have you decided to go with?

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married close to Banff (in Kananaskis) at the end of April. We’ve decided to do an indoor wedding because it’s still cold. We will do our photos outside and I’ll get a fur wrap. I just don’t want our guests to be uncomfortable. It was hard to make that choice. Maybe plan to have an outdoor wedding but have a backup location if it’s really cold. The weather is hard to predict. It’s cold now, but it might not be too bad in November (el Nino has a 70% of hitting us this year)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics