Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcy
Frequent user October 2020 Saskatchewan

Alternative Processional/recessional Songs

Marcy, on January 28, 2020 at 16:27 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10

Hey Ladies! FH and I are trying to decide on ceremony music. We're both into older rock and thought it would be a fun alternative to do something like that. I've found a couple songs in acoustic form that sound kind of nice. Everything we've planned so far has been fun and not overly sappy if at all possible, so I'd like to stay away from the more traditional love songs. Has anyone chosen music that's a bit "off the beaten path?"

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on January 29, 2020 at 16:24
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!

We used Sam Cooke - nothing can change this love for the bridal party/groom processional, I walked down to The Beatles - I've just seen a face, and we had Bob Marley - one love for the recessional.

Our friend was singing and playing the acoustic guitar, so she was able to slow down/customize all this which was super special.

• Marcy
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile
  • Marcy
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll have to check those out, thanks!
  • Marcy
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really cool!
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was at a wedding where the bride & groom walked down the aisle to an acoustic cover version of 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' and then on their way out it was to the real version by The Darkness. I loved it.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds like a great idea!

Spotify has a few acoustic stations that might be worth listening to for versions of the songs you already love.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This idea is great and different to bring the excitement into the wedding. The song chosen will be the perfect one that brings the best of you two.

• Marcy
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that! My FH would love the Iron Maiden entrance. I’ll have to suggest that to him Smiley smile
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh love this discussion! I was just thinking of this as FH and I were going over our ceremony music the other night. We are going in a very random direction, from heavy metal to traditional! We just wanted to add some personality to the whole thing and not get fussed over matching and such.

So for the processional FH and his mom are walking to an Iron Maiden song (their favorite), the wedding party will be bopping along to "Marry You" by Bruno Mars and then my dad and I will walk to Pachelbel Canon in D - pretty traditional there! Then our recessional will be to All You Need is Love by the Beatles. I think it will be so much fun. I loved planning this out with my FH. When we played Pachelbel Canon, he started to tear up! So I think it will be magical.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havent! but this sounds great! i would love some different music lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics