Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Camille
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Alterations at Bridal Gallery (new West)

Camille, on January 20, 2022 at 14:18 Posted in British Columbia 0 5

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to hear from some brides who had alterations done at Bridal Gallery in New West. I purchased my dress there and will need to have some alterations done in May-June. What were your experiences like? Do you recommend having your alterations done in-house or finding a seamstress ?

Thanks so much for your input!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alana, on June 28, 2022 at 22:22
  • Alana
    Curious September 2024 Quebec
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's great to hear - thank you so much for letting me know!

• Camille
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Camille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! I did end up doing my alterations there (just for peace of mind and because I didn’t really have time to explore my options). I got the hem, a bustle, and something altered along the bust and that + the initial fee and taxes (95&dollarSmiley winking came to 568 I think. I go back in July to try on and pick up my dress so hopefully everything will go well.
    I had the sweetest seamstress when I went in. She was very nice and didn’t push anything on me (like adding cups or anything).
  • Alana
    Curious September 2024 Quebec
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Camille! I was also curious about this as I also got my dress there, and I am wondering if I should get alterations done there and store it there. I would really appreciate hearing back from you if you did end up going there! Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't get mine done at the Bridal Gallery, but had them done at Lisa's right next door and was super happy with it! If you do decide to go to a non-bridal shop for alterations, I would make sure that they are comfortable working on wedding dresses since they can be a bit more difficult.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Camille for seamstress recommendations, I would post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook. You have a better chance at getting a response on there from other brides

For myself, I am getting alterations done in house at the place I bought my wedding dress. I've dealt with them before and they were amazing! I bought my grad dress from them 12 years. If you have a tight budget for alterations, check around and see what options you have if you feel like your not confident enough with in house Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics