Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious January 2020 Ontario

Alterations

Michelle, on April 24, 2019 at 08:20 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to get an approximate price for dress alterations for my bridesmaids/MOH. For a dress to be hemmed, approximately how much does that cost?
For a dress to have all of the crinoline removed, approximately how much does that cost?
For a dress to have the bottom trim removed, approximately how much does that cost?

I know each place/person is different. I am located in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph area, does anyone have any recommendations on where to go?

Thank you!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on April 25, 2019 at 08:01
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's such a smart idea! Thank you! As of right now, 3 dresses, but depending on how the bridal party keeps acting it could be only be 1.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there Michelle Smiley smile

As the price can vary depending on where you are location wise, I would recommend you identify a couple of seamstresses that have some great reviews. Yelp is a great place to search, I did a quick search and there are a couple of places in your areas you can read reviews for. If you purchased them in a brick and mortar store, they may have alternative services also, or you could also look for local dry cleaners and tailors with great reviews.

Once you have your list, reach out to them and request some quotes for the alterations. This way you will have a variety of prices from different folks and can weigh them up and pick the best person for the job within your budget.

How many bridesmaids dresses do you need to get altered?

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok, thanks for the tip! I didn't even think of posting in that group, that's such a good idea! Thank you!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Michelle,

I would post in the local kitchener/cambridge/guelph wedding swap- I am in this group and I would post something regarding alterations. This way you could get diff quotes and see reviews of the places. I am an hour from guelph and went little farther to a lady and she was a lot cheaper than most places. I would say never go to sixpence as I have personally seen the horrible jobs they have done. There was one bride I met and she bought a dress, they wrecked it beyond belief.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics