Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie October 2023 Ontario

Alteration Suggestions!?!?

Krista, on July 27, 2023 at 20:05 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hi fellow “to-be-wed’s”!
My daughters (also my bridesmaids) need alterations on the bridesmaids dresses we just bought this past weekend at David’s Bridal. The sales consultant we were with (bless her), whispered to me that I should get alterations elsewhere because David’s is so expensive…any suggestions out there of independent seamstresses that are reliable, provide great quality and are reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on July 28, 2023 at 10:09
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this was great advice as I paid close to $200 for them (Davids Bridal) to slightly hem my dress...I was okay with it because I knew no one else and I wanted piece of mind but still I felt like that was a lot for the work that was done.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Krista, Congratulations and welcome to wedding wire. Depending on where you live you may have a huge selection of seamstress in your area. I went 1 hour out of town from Ottawa for my seamstress. I would also do what Amanda suggested and message your facebook wedding group in your area, a lot of them will post or message you.

Good luck!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Krista, I would try and post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook. You might be able to get suggestions from other brides faster on their.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics