Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyssa
Curious April 2021 Manitoba

Alter deco- arch?

Alyssa, on August 19, 2020 at 12:25 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6
Hi guys.
I was originally planning to have an arch at our alter just because it seems to be what everyone has. But after I realized how expensive it was, I’m wanting to look into other ideas. What are you having at your alter for decorations?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on August 25, 2020 at 20:12
  • Alyssa
    Curious December 2021 Alberta
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing tree stumps with candles; our view is the mountains and we figured why take away/cover that.

..Plus... I read one article and a wedding designer ripped into the modern geo-altar and how it'll date your wedding photos. Not sure why, but that has now stuck with me and I can't un-think it. That being said, no matter what there will be something that "dates" your wedding photos. And that is probably for the better because you need something to look back and laugh at. Smiley laugh

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought an arch second hand from a Facebook wedding group. I wasn't planning on having one until I saw it and then I knew I had to have it (I've never messaged a seller so fast in my life haha).

I've seen people focus on a background more than an arch. If you're indoors you can hang fabric and add florals or twinkle lights. Some people don't want anything distracting from them, they want to be the thing everyone notices about the front of the space.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check decor rental companies. A lot of them will rent arches with silk flowers for less fairly cheap and you can reuse it as a backdrop for a head table.

Another idea is to DIY it by buying a clothing rack frame from Walmart or Ikea and decorate it with drapery or flowers as a backdrop.

Like this: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/mulig-clothes-rack-white-60179434/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI89KAzJWo6wIVg8DACh1U7ARKEAQYBCABEgIdr_D_BwE

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A simple square or rounded arch can be made for the day and decorated with material to make it beautiful. Some ideas can look as this:

OIP.KBG2RagylzmSOfLi3AZFhAHaLH?w=179&h=2OIP.chabGAj1pu6tAt6yzO80LgHaJ4?w=179&h=2OIP.ELoBbxfR9grnH4mDt2Ha0gHaJ4?w=179&h=2OIP.JF-rTkQ6C87SF9vw4wF63AHaKD?w=179&h=2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since our venue has an arch already, we're not doing anything extra to it since it's beautiful as it is!

Alter deco- arch? 1

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were very fortunate in that our venue has a beautiful pergola already there! Depending on the venue you pick, they may have something nice tucked away that you can use.
    http://pearleweddings.ca/locations/3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics