Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Already sent save the dates..

Sarah, on April 14, 2020 at 13:24 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11
Hey everyone, our wedding is in Aug and it’s not for sure that we’re postponing BUT I’m just wondering what to do about our save the dates if we do postpone.
We already sent them out.
Would we just send out a new set with the revised date? We don’t have a website or anything.
I’m just annoyed at the extra cost..

11 Comments

Latest activity by Gloria, on April 15, 2020 at 08:25
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly - depending on how many people you have, maybe just word of mouth may be better? We didn’t even send out save the date cards and we’re planning on sending our invites this month but we’re waiting. Here’s to hoping for the best as we’re also August
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen some cute "we're postponing" or "save our new date" cards online that you could send out.

If you know you're postponing but don't have a new date yet you could send a vague "we're still getting married and we will let you know when!" kind of note to everyone. You could make an evite for this to save money, or just send an email letting everyone know a new save the date is coming.
    We also sent save the dates and I'm regretting it! If we hadn't sent them we could just quietly change the date and if we postpone I'll be reaching out to our small guest list individually by phone or email to let everyone know.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in August as well. We wont be making a decision until the end of June about whether or not we will be postponing. Our save the dates and invites have gone out since we invited people that dont live in the country. If we need to postpone, we will call or email everyone and once we figure out a new date for everything, new invites will be sent out. The extra cost would be frustrating but we still have some time before making our final decision.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you yes we will likely do it by phone and email.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for sharing. A website is a good idea. I am especially concerned that we might have to even postpone a second time (this thing is so unpredictable). At least with a website we can save money and make it easier for guests to be in the loop.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save the date revision can be sent by email and/or social media than new printed notice. Postponing the wedding is optional if the venue recommends it due to business closures due to the situation happening in the summer.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! We postponed a week before our deadline for people to RSVP - so save the dates and invites had gone out. What we did once we made the decision to postpone (& we also happened to already have a new date), we gathered guest’s emails and bcc everyone on it. You could also call or mail a more formal postponement letter, but email was the easiest for us. We explained the postponement and shared our new date. We also decided that we will send electronic invitations for next time. I would strongly suggest a wedding website, as you can update your guest and create a q&a. You could share the website with your guest on the postponement email/letter or call. There are ton of free ones.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we would moving it to next year I think so I would want some kind of official notice
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh jeeze re-printing the invites.. I didn’t even think of that either! But those are great ideas for saving, thank you!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it depends on a couple things - but the main thing would be; do you want to? You don't have to have save the dates in general so it's really a choice. Other than that I would also say that if you are only postponing to a the fall or winter that I would opt out, but if you are moving it to next year then it would be something to consider.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had to postpone our July wedding and had sent out save the dates about a year ago since we have guests that needed to make travel arrangements. I made mine digitally and sent them via e-mail which cut down on the cost so that could be a cost effective solution for you if you have the know how. But as for the postponing announcement FH and I are going to split the guest list and call everyone so that we know for sure they know about the postponement and our new date. So the only extra cost will be re-printing our invites.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics