Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Already Married Peeps - Anything you wish you did differently?

Brittany, on June 18, 2018 at 10:31 Posted in Just married 0 14

Hello to all of my already married peeps!!

Looking back on your wedding day/festivities - was there anything you wished you though of or did differently?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 20, 2018 at 01:07
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following as well
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mendhi evening since my family thought the bride is the only ones that can have the event. We had a gay wedding which would be nice with just the family of anything.

The one part of the wedding ceremony our officiant skipped was the 7 steps since we didn't go with the whole 1 hour indian traditional. Instead of the 7 rounds as done, i wanted to include the 7 promises. It couldn't get done due our officiant have to losing his license of performing that particular tradition.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Alexa!! So curious to see what people have to say! Smiley smile

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh amazing question!!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the feedback Vinod, this is super helpful! My fiance is Punjabi/Sikh so we are trying to hold as many of the traditional pre-wedding events as possible so we are going to host a Mendhi (henna) night at his parents house a couple days before the wedding. If you don't mind me asking, which part of your ceremony was skipped and you wished you had done?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go back to have a henna evening before the wedding and one step taken onto the ceremony which was skipped. Otherwise, everything else would remain the same.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally makes sense. I think at the end of the day friends and family should be happy for you, no matter what you decide (although I fully understand this is not always the case!). That's so exciting, congrats on the vow renewal next year - I am sure you will have a total blast!! : )

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dont get me wrong at the time its what we could afford and i love my hubby dearly. I guess i should've reworded that as I love my hubby and being married to him. We had our immediate family there but felt judged by other family members. I always dreamt of my wedding day and it didn't involve eloping but it was still a great day. We are doing a vow renewal next year so I get my long dress, party, and friends to celebrate with this time.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much Leah! I am very curious as well to see what others will say : ) I've asked many people I know in real life too. Just want to make sure I don't worry about something super trivial or miss doing something really important.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so lovely to hear Jessica!! And a great point too - it's super important to carve out some time for just the two of you!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! If you don't mind me asking, why do you wish you didn't elope? We were strongly considering just eloping but decided against it as we wanted to ensure we held most of the pre-wedding festivities that my fiance's family host before a wedding (he is Punjabi/Sikh) background.

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not eloping lmao and not having long dress
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, there wasn't anything I would have changed. I loved my wedding day and there weren't many hiccups throughout, so I was very pleased with how everything went. I even got to spend about 10-15 minutes with my husband on our own, which was one of the things I really wanted to make time for.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a great question! Following so that I can see what others share.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics