So my partner and I are getting married on September 10th - but I'm starting to stress about the venue. We've had it booked since January, but the building hasn't opened yet due to COVID, even though the rest of Ontario seems to be opening with restrictions. (For context, our venue holds 100+ and we've got a guest list of 50).
We've decided to have a small backyard ceremony with just immediate family if the venue isn't open, and I honestly wouldn't mind having the private ceremony and postponing the reception. I'm just starting to stress out, because it's almost a month away, and the venue hasn't told us one way or the other if it'll be open by our date or not. So we don't know which wedding ceremony we should be planning for.
I emailed the venue earlier this month, and received a generic response telling me they're is closed until further notice, but they've flagged my email and will send updates when they can.
We don't want to wait too long and then cancel on our guests too last minute, since they'll have taken days off work, booked hotels, etc. to come to the wedding.
I guess my question is: how long should we wait on the venue for a response one way or the other before contacting them and making the decision to reschedule?