Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Alcohol toonie bar

Alyssa, on April 21, 2018 at 20:36 Posted in Alberta 0 5
Hello all!
Looking to try and find a budget for alcohol? We are doing a toonie bar !

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on June 11, 2018 at 13:30
  • Sara
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great breakdown. That really helps.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on a lot of factors, but with a toonie bar, you will cover 80-95% of your costs. Are your guests heavy drinkers, or non drinkers? Are they more of a beer and wine crowd, or do they prefer hard liquor? Are you including wine on the table for dinner, or are guests on their own for that? Cocktail hour, or just straight to dinner and dance? How long is your dance?

The general rule I've seen is 2 drinks per person for the cocktail hour, and 1 per person per hour for dinner and reception time. So, if you have 100 guests and are having a cocktail hour, followed by a 6 hour dinner/dance reception, figure (2 x 100) + (6 x 100) = 800 drinks over the whole evening.

For most weddings, this would break down further to about 40% wine, 35% beer and 25% liquor. Using the above example, that would be 320 servings wine (or about bottles, split 50/50 red and white), 280 beer, and about 200 oz liquor (or about 7-8 bottles hard alcohol). You, of course, would adjust this based on your crowd.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many people are you having? I am having 140ish people and we are budgeting around **** including bartenders. Not including the license though.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had a hard time with this as well. Wedding wire has budgeted for me but I’m not sure it will be accurate. I think your best bet is to talk to liquor stores, it really depends how many guests and how long your party is. This is one from Costco, other liquor stores will vary on pricing.

Alcohol toonie bar 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics