Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Micaela
Beginner August 2023 Ontario

Alcohol Costs

Micaela, on August 30, 2022 at 10:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hey everyone! How are you handling costs for your bar? My fiance and I want to stay within our budget to make sure our guests will have a great time. We were thinking of having an open bar from 530-630pm and 730-1030pm. Our second option is having the open bar from 530-630pm then 730-930 then provide 3 drink tickets for the remaining of the night. Pls share your opinions!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 6, 2022 at 11:36
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since our budget is tight we decided to so our specialty drinks free anything else guest would have to pay.

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The plan so far is to provide wine & beer for cocktail hour and dinner. Then a limit at the bar..when it's reached it becomes a cash bar. Still a process....
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a host bar - we felt it would be easier this way as some of our guests don't drink or have a limited taste, and we are ending up with about 30 fewer guests than originally planned.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are providing everyone 2 drink tickets and the rest will be cash bar. Drinks are reasonably priced at the venue so I dont feel bad asking our guests to buy their own drinks. Plus we have alot of pregnant or new moms coming, so I figure they will share their drink tickets and more drinks for others haha

• Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our reception is at a restaurant so a little different but every guest will get a glass of sparking wine for a toast, bottles of white and red will be avaliable on each table & we have set a cost ceiling with the owners for alcohol. They will notify us when we are getting close to the alcohol budget we have set and we can handle from there. Most of our family will be more than satisfied with the table wines but we wanted the option for cocktails as well
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a host bar. We knew a lot of them didn't drink but we didn't want to feel like we were limiting those who did.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave each guest a drink ticket. Then we had $4 drinks for the entire night. We didn't want anyone taking advantage of an open bar (definitely had some guests who would) but we also wanted drinks to be reasonably priced.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a complete cash bar for our wedding. All of our guests paid for their own drinks. My husband and I had a tab for ourselves
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also doing drink tickets; a lot of our guests don't drink so it didn't make sense to us to have a cash bar and not meet the minimum $. We are offering two tickets per guest after that they will buy whichever drink they want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics