Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Alcohol amount

Lindsay, on April 5, 2018 at 16:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

We have 130 guest coming and we are doing a toonie bar from 4pm - 11pm heavy drinkers.

I am buying

26 cases (24 packs) of beer

8 bottle of whisky

8 bottles of rum

8 bottles of vodka

2 sour puss

2 blue curaco

2 banana liquer

2 packs of 8 apple somersby

1 24 pack of variety palm bay

1 12 pack of mikes hard

Do you think that is enough? or not enough? Do you think that is a good variety?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Trudy, on April 16, 2018 at 18:48
  • Trudy
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Trudy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the liquor calculator, that’s helpful
  • Trudy
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Trudy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest increasing your Cooler and cider quantities. I might be biased because I can’t have gluten and beer is not an option. I did however go to a hockey fundraiser with heavy drinkers and they ran out of Palm Bays right away. That was disappointing, especially because I was paying for my drinks. If your guests are paying a toonie for their drinks they may Be disappointed if you run out and they have to buy drinks they dont enjoy or not their first choice.
    I found your post because I am also looking to find out or get an idea of how much alcohol to buy.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually have no idea how to begin to figure out how much mix to buy lol. I know I was Pepsi, ginger ale, sprite, orange juice and cranberry juice.

I feel like forgetting ice would be something I would forget getting close to the day but fiance definitely would not. I'm sure it would frustrate a lot of people though.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply Lindsay, and of course my apologies again for mistaking your tone Smiley smile

I think that you should be more than fine with that amount, the variety is also good, and everyone should be satisfied no matter what they drink.

I am assuming you have already calculated the amount of soda and juice. Now it’s gonna sound silly, but don’t forget the ice! I have been to a wedding where the couple forgot the ice. I did not mind but some of the guests were really disturbed!!!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was being serious when I asked if you still don't think thats enough.. i was still looking for your opinion. I wasn't trying to come across as rude, sorry if you felt it seemed that way.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lindsay, it was quite clear that this is what WE are doing. If you think that’s a lot, that’s fine. You asked for an opinion, I offered mine. Sorry in advance if I read the answer in the wrong way.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

8 drinks for everyone is 1040 drinks.

There is about 1100 drinks there and thats not inluding the wine?

Still not enough?

130 is also our guest list likely not that many actually coming.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that so long as you have extra wine to replenish the table bottles that are finished, it's a fair amount of alcohol.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the vartiety is fine, but if 130 guests are all adults I think that the alcohol might not be enough. We will have about 50 adults and I counted 8 drinks and 2 glasses of wine average.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would definitely be my suggestion to get a few additional bottles for the bar as well. Once I start drinking wine at a wedding I usually stick with that throughout the night.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes we will have a red and white bottle on each table. and maybe a bit more.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would probably buy 3 cases of palm bays and 3 of the mikes hard.Not everyone will want hard stuff but heavy drinkers will settle for coolers when the hard stuff runs out 🙂 most Bc liquor stores let you return any unused liquor if you mention to them it’s for a wedding.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely seems like a fair amount for a twoonie bar! Are you doing wine at all?
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks like a lot! Try this link: Liquor Calculator

It will give you an idea of what the average is.

Then go up from their if they are big drinkers, haha. But I used to bar tend for halls, where people brought their own liquor, they usually get more than they need. I know BC liquor stores allow you to return unopened cases of beer, etc. Is there something like that in Ontario? It's good to know, don't put everything on ice right away, in case you can return some stuff

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics