Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

Alberta (edmonton) courthouse/city hall weddings?

Charlotte, on May 5, 2021 at 12:38 Posted in Alberta 0 1
We’re trying to elope in Banff at the end of May with just myself and my fiancé in attendance, in addition to staff (photographer, videographer, maybe elopement coordinator). With the new restriction in place and no indoor gathering allowed (I assume this means I can’t get hair and make up done, can’t have a photographer in the room with me while I get ready), we’re debating if it’s even worth it to move ahead with planning this.

I think I read somewhere that either city hall or courthouse weddings aren’t a “thing” in Alberta? Is this true?

All in all I’m looking for the simplest, easiest back up plan to just get married legally without any fuss. Where can we go to do this? The kind where you pick a time, show up, do the legal bits and be done with it.
Thanks!

1 Comment

Latest activity by Sydney, on May 6, 2021 at 15:22
  • Sydney
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Charlotte,

I am thinking the EXACT same thing. We currently were supposed to get married July 9th. So i already have an officiant. She has my marriage license. So we are going to use here to marry us. We are going to use a backyard of a friends or a very nice field somewhere.

I am putting a rush on my wedding dress alterations. My fiance is going to wear his suit. I am going to curl my hair and do my makeup as best as i can. I think the tiny details try not to stress over!

I have wasted so many days, and nights crying over how this isnt able to happen. We plan on having a " mock wedding " When we are able to in 6 months to a year. So i will get to wear my dress again. I know that even the national parks are closed so you cant go to banff, jasper etc. I would take a look at the places around where you live and pick a beautiful spot. Take some wedding decorations and go from there!!

Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics