Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Newbie May 2021 Alberta

Alberta ceremony restrictions

Samantha, on March 10, 2021 at 14:10 Posted in Alberta 0 15
Hey everyone!
So my wedding date is supposed to be May 3, but the restrictions only allow 10 people right now. Do you guys think that phase 3 will happen as planned on March 22 based off our hospital and case numbers. And if so, do you guys think that phase 3 will let more people in the ceremony?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Zen, on April 11, 2021 at 23:37
  • Z
    Alberta
    Zen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi I have a question with church wedding ceremony. Are you following the up to 15% building capacity? or just the 10 maximum people?

• Anah
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Anah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean. This whole situation sucks and I hate waiting and not knowing what is or is not happening, esp when it’s a wedding that has a lot of moving parts.
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hopefully they’ll allow more then 10 people by then
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so hard just waiting, I have to let my family know if it’s on or off so they can let their work know....
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are May 21 and unfortunately are having to wait until a month before to make a final decision. We postponed from July 2020 so we will get married no matter what, it will just be deciding who "makes the cut" as the original guest list is 64 people. I just recently took a week off work to continue planning and it really did help with my stress. I am just going to keep going until I know for sure. Smiley winking

• Anah
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Anah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try not to get discouraged, I know it's hard. Our wedding was originally May 30 2020, then we rescheduled for June 5 2021. I think AB will go into step 3 soon, we are already below the cases for step 3. If not March 22 then maybe March 29th.

On the AB website it says step 3 will allow for changes in the restrictions for "outdoor/indoor" social gatherings but weddings is listed in step 4 still.

• Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s at a church the ceremony and we thought we’d just have a dinner party at a big air BNB to save money
  • Clinton Lynch
    Curious December 2020 British Columbia
    Clinton Lynch ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok. Well, what’s great about that is you know what you want, right! Smiley smile

Curious.

Are you having your ceremony / reception at a managed venue at all?
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No, same 30 people for both
  • Clinton Lynch
    Clinton Lynch ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s not a crazy number.

Are you splitting up ceremony and reception from you’re 30?
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All this uncertainty is making me feel so stressed and dejected honestly
  • Samantha
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Only 30 people hopefully
  • Clinton Lynch
    Clinton Lynch ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Amanda,

I was speaking to a couple just the other day looking to get married in BC. Sun Peaks, actually.

They had originally reserved an elopement package with a venue which was taken away suddenly. It left them feeling a little stuck too.

Turns out, there is still a bit you can do depending on how big you want to go. 10 - 25 is doable. An elopement - easy.

But, it's really dependent on the day you want to have, right Smiley smile

One of the venue partners here (Sun Peaks) mentioned Couples who want like, 50+ people gigs are postponing until next year 2022.

Otherwise, those couples who are open to playing around and get a little "selfish" with things are still doing it Smiley smile

Is that what you're thinking too? Going big? lol Smiley winking

• Clinton Lynch
    Clinton Lynch ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sam...

I'm in BC and right now the restrictions are making wedding pretty tight for those who want a traditionally big wedding.

Venues I work with have been positioning 2022 in light of the uncertainty for the 25 / 50+ weddings.

For those that want a ceremony, we've been streaming it live via their social channels.

Micro weddings and elopements are definitely doable right now with a lot of fun twists for Couples which weren't really thought of before C-19.

How many are you wanting the on the day?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's honestly hard to say what the province is going to do since they like to keep on switching things around every other week. It's a waiting game to see what happens.

My fiance and I are just going with the flow of things as it comes. We live in Alberta as well but we're getting married in BC, and it's the same thig over there. You don't know what to do. Wait it out or look at postponing another year. It sucks not knowing anything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics