Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BunnyBride
Super August 2334 Nova Scotia

Aisle Song length - Small backyard ceremony?

BunnyBride, on July 27, 2020 at 19:16 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4

Hi Everyone,

I know a lot of people are in the same boat at the moment, so I was interested to see what solutions people had been coming up with...so, the question: What are you doing about the length of the song you are walking down the aisle to if you are doing a smaller ceremony this year due to COVID (or just because you wanted a small ceremony)?

I originally and still do want to walk down the aisle to Christina Perri's A Thousand Years. It's a longer song, but, originally, we had six bridal party members going one at a time in front of me down a 20-30 ft space. My FH and I decided to do a smaller legal ceremony this year and move the big celebration to next year. The venue is a backyard with a very short walk between the back door/patio area and the place where the alter is.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I have the programs and experience to edit out a smaller portion of the song, adding fades, etc....but picking that short a section is proving difficult.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 28, 2020 at 18:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Editing the song can work to make the length of the aisle walk. The remaining can be played after the ceremony walking together as a couple.

• C
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can easily start the song and have your bridesmaids start at 15 seconds in, once you start, you can find a nice spot where you can have some turn down the volume as you make your way close to the aisle. Finish the song just you two at the altar taking in the moment. That way you can have a minute for both of you to take a deep breath and get some jitters out too. Then have the song fade near the end and then you can start the rest of your ceremony!

We're in the same boat!

• Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used the instrumental version of this song for my backyard ceremony this summer we had a Bluetooth speaker set up and my husbands brother was in charge of hitting play (on our phone which we had step up with spotify) when I came out of our back door and than he stopped when I was at the alter. It worked out great. It was the easiest way we could think of as I ended up walking way faster than I should have so thankfully we had him in control and I didn't have to wait for it to end.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just edit the song so it goes first verse followed by the first part of the second chorus (eliminating the first chorus and second verse). Rather than continue after "I love you for a thousand more." on the second verse, cut and jump towards the final verse where it continues at "And all along, I believed..." This cut will give you a two minute version that feels complete. If that still feels too long, you can remove the opening instrumental to cut 20 seconds. But personally, I would enjoy those two minutes as you walk down - take it slow and just let the idea that you're getting married sink in as your loved ones watch Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics