I'm so frustrated. Our Airbnb for our honeymoon just cancelled on us. She's taking her place off Airbnb due to a couple bad experiences. Good for her I guess. Crappy for us.
She offered to honour our booking, which is really nice of her, but it makes things REALLY complicated. We had already paid half the amount when we booked, which I paid for by credit card, then moved money from my vacation savings account to the credit card to pay it off.
Airbnb will refund what I paid because the host cancelled. It will refund my credit card. The host said once the refund goes through, to etransfer her the amount to hold the booking (I'm a little sketched out by this private booking thing too because there's no platform like Aribnb protecting us now...but that's a whole other issue).
Here's where its complicated. I cannot do an etransfer from my credit card. So even though I technically get the refund....I can't use it to book. I can't move the money from my credit car to my chequing, because its considered a cash advance. Looking ahead at my income...I wont be able to pay her until mid august (need to hold onto that rent money!). So....its kinda like I'm paying for it twice? not in reality I guess....but kinda? If that makes sense? Because I already had it paid off when I moved the money over...
I'm at a total loss. Not sure if I should stay with this booking and figure it out. Its so inconvenient on our part. But...looking at Airbnb, there's not a ton of options left. We booked back in February! This was a total gem of a find, and a lot of whats left is basement suites. We kinda want total privacy; we don't really want to be living just below to hosts, you know?
So frustrated and sad about this situation.