Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Beginner September 2021 British Columbia

Affordable Venues in Kelowna?

Amanda, on January 16, 2020 at 23:23 Posted in British Columbia 0 5
Hi! Smiley smile
My fiance and I are hoping to plan our wedding in the Okanagan for July 2021. Living in Edmonton makes it a little challenging (and overwhelming) to plan. So I'm asking for your help!! Were planning to have anywhere between 100-150 people attend and our overall budget is about $30,000... Does anyone have any venues to recommend that can offer the ceremony and reception for an affordable price? Also, any advice for a newly engaged, somewhat freaking out bride-to-be lol ;P

5 Comments

Latest activity by Breann, on January 22, 2020 at 23:31
  • B
    British Columbia
    Breann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had ours at jewel lake BC small town wedding are amazing and reception venues are much more reasonable. Ours was 220 people and under 15000k
  • Amanda
    Beginner September 2021 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea! Do they usually charge alot?
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe you could get a wedding planner in that area to assist you with everything. she/he would have better knowledge of venues and all aspects

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can't really help with the venue situation seeing as how I'm over in MB - but I do have some advice!

Well, first off - congratulations on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!

And then as far as advice for a newly engaged and somewhat freaking out bride-to-be; it's going to be overwhelming at first and that's okay. You have over a year before your ideal wedding date, and I've seen brides on this site put together a wedding in about 6 months so you will be fine!

I found that although the checklist on weddingwire is a bit off in the get things done by certain months, the things that are on it are in a pretty good order so I used it quite a bit and would recommend it as well.

You have the budget, the rough guest count, and the next thing you need (IMO) would be the venue which you are already working on. Next would be the food and alcohol (if the venue doesn't already supply it), DJ, Photographer/Videographer, and then you can work on the smaller things like invitations, decor, cake, etc. Just make sure that the dress shopping is done around the 1 year mark as some dresses can take up to a year to get in - but most take 5-6 months. Although 5-6 months is not that long, mine took that long only for it to arrive with a tear in it and the store had to reorder it with a rush on it (the rush took 4 months instead of the 5.5 months the first one took).

YOU'VE GOT THIS! And you have this community now to ask questions (as silly as they may seem) as well use this site/app to just simply vent and we are here to listen or try and give you advice on what we would do.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Reviews based on the area and the venues surrounding can let you know what to expect from couples view and star rating too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics