Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Affordable rustic wedding venue

Chelsea, on January 31, 2019 at 11:57 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
I’m looking for an affordable rustic looking wedding venue - I’m thinking on a farm or something. Looking in the Abbotsford/Langley area but I’m open to anywhere in the lower mainland/Fraser valley. I’d like to supply my own alcohol but don’t have a preference about whether food is provided or not. Any suggestions? Also how long does it typically take for venues to respond? I sent out so many requests for quotes but it had been radio silence... looking at July 2020.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on January 31, 2019 at 22:12
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find the average venue takes a couple of days to a week to respond if you call them directly but if you send out the requests on here it can take over a month.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Interesting! I guess we take for granted that companies are always “open”. It’s been my experience that west coast vendors take a more relaxed approach to responding to inquiries, so I’ve had to shift my expectations and not get upset when I don’t hear from some one right away.

Chelsea go cut down on costs consider having your venue and reception at the same venue. Are you using a coordinator? See if they have connections to venues. Another way to get some information is to go to wedding shows and see if you can meet the vendor there.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I'm not sure about that area - I can say that the typical wait time that I had when looking into venues was roughly a month. I know that sounds like a long wait time but most venues aren't open right now as it's the winter so they only check emails every once in while as well as voicemails which may be what's going on right now. They should get back to you at latest by March though!

P.S. Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the WW community!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics